January Mums???????

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Pinkness, May 23, 2005.

1. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Hi Trevinosbaby!

Ours is due at the same day, just been to my first midwife appointment and she said it is due on the 5th of Jan (I worked it out as 3rd *shrugs*) Podgy belly time too, just look bloaty but it is firm but on 3 pounds already (Midwife said is normal) Was told to have ginger to help with Nausea will let you know how that goes! I also was told all the pain should go after 12 weeks ish whan the baby will rise a little bit! So I don't know if that is any help!

Cat and baby bean xx

2. trevinosbaby

trevinosbaby Well-Known Member

Hi Cat and baby bean,

Wow, it's nice to have someone right with me. Mine my change but I'm hoping it won't. Let me know about the ginger. My weight is still varying a little, but we'll see. I dunno about you but I have trouble with jeans :). Good luck and keep me posted :)

~~Kris~~

3. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Darn it, I have had trouble with jeans for the last week and I'm just under 6 weeks gone! Have to have the top button open...I saw in a pregnancy magazine a wee insert with an elasticated band that makes it possible for you to wear your jeans right through...thought it was a great idea. Other than that, all set to buy my floppy t-shirts....

Got up today and felt fine till after lunch when I felt so tired I had to go back to bed and sleep...flu really taking it out of me...

Sue

4. alreadymombutwantanother

I am due January 15, according to my doctor. I haven't had my ultrasound yet so not 100%. I have a child already so this is my second one. I am very excited though.

5. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi

I saw an item on ebay that attaches to trousers somehow to allow you to wear them right the way through. if you go onto ebay and then maternity clothes.

xx

6. bobtheunfortunateone

thank god for ebay!

Hi Kris!

Ginger tea just made me feel sick, just had a sip and gave up, but ginger bickys are ok, but don't stop the sickness feeling!

2 pairs of jeans already in back of cuboard! still have one pair that are ok if I stay stood up, but as soon as I sit down they are tight, great though that the fashion is long skirts they fit over my belly so comfy! *sigh if relief!* Will go and look on ebay!

Soo sleepy at work, I wonder if they would miss me if I sleeped under the table for a couple of hours *climbs under table to sleep*"Oh a bit of ginger buscuit!" Zzzzzzzzzz

XXX

Cat & baby bean!

7. Tara & Liam

Hi Cat

What is the worst for you, the sickness or the tiredness. With my previous two i would have definately said the sickness, now i am not too sure. The sickness isnt nice but the tiredness is awful. i could fall asleep right now.

xx

8. bobtheunfortunateone

I would say the tiredness, because I'm learning what makes me feel sick now, like the smell of coffee and fatty foods! and I have been lucky not to have been sick much soo I'm very lucky, but the tiredness, I can sleep for 12 hours and by dinner i'm sleepy again, I used to work 5 days and 3 nights for a night club and I was never this tired! and when I work all day i'm knacked by the time I'm home, then it is get tea on, and I get grumpy easy now too, so I just lay on the sofa for the rest of the evening! Just feel lazy! oh and I yawn all the time! just don't feel like having a shower in the evening either!

9. Tara & Liam

Hi

I'm much the same. except for i have a 10 year old and a 3 year old, and it takes all my energy just entertaining the 3 year old. My husband stays at home with him while i work. He works whenever needed (he is a plasterer, but he has to have an operation soon).

I cant wait for the 12 week stage, hopefully it will get better.

x

10. bobtheunfortunateone

I better get better *yawns* Well i am lucky only been sick once - soo far soo good, Oh I wish I was at home watching Trisha! But at least with some syptoms I know my body is doing something! oh how I miss my red bull in the morning

11. bobtheunfortunateone

I better get better *yawns* Well i am lucky only been sick once - soo far soo good, Oh I wish I was at home watching Trisha! But at least with some syptoms I know my body is doing something! oh how I miss my red bull in the morning

12. Sparkols

Sparkols Active Member

Hi ladies,

My name's Kath & I'm due 27th Jan or thereabouts I think! This is the 1st pegnancy for both hubby & myself & we're really not sure what to expect - we're avidly reading everything we can get our hands on! (I'm 7 weeks tomorrow!) We're very very happy & really excited - we'd been trying for 18 mths & I was on a course of clomid fertility drugs!

HOWEVER, oh my god - the morning sickness & tiredness is REALLY getting me down - I'm hoping & praying that it settles down by 12 weeks LATEST - don't know if I can stand much more!! I feel as sick as anything from the second I wake up till approx. 7pm - you name it, I've tried it - nothing works!! It all kicked in bang-on 4 weeks - practically the day I did that first wonderful positive pregnancy test!!

I'm struggling through the days by trying to eat little & often of plain stuff & drinking gallons of water, but some days are better than others! I've lost 5lbs in the past 3 weeks & have gone off pretty much everything!!

My sense of smell is really acute - everything makes me heave it seems at the moment - yuk!! I've also got heartburn/indigestion, trapped wind, occasional diarrhoea, very sore boobs, puffy ankles, can't sleep, constant peeing, etc etc etc - argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't feel like myself at all right now - I'm usually really happy, bouncy, energetic, full of life, etc. but for the past 3 weeks, I don't want to go anywhere or do anything & I feel (& look!) like I've been hit by a bus 100% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else feeling the same & can someone tell me that it will stop soon????!!!!

Luckily, I only work part time mornings so I'm home by 1.30pm & can relax to a certain degree, but I pretty much just crash out on the sofa & feel like I'm wasting all my afternoons - I'm itching for it to go, so that I can do constructive things like shopping & even housework etc. - at least then I'd feel 'normal' !!

How's everyone else??!!

13. Tara & Liam

Hi Kath

I am going through all the same symptoms as you. This is my third child and with the other two i had the sickness all the way through.

This is the first time that i have suffered with the other two symptoms of tiredness and sore breasts. The tiredness is awful and i find that i am going to bed each night at 9. I cant believe i am missing big brother (i know i'm sad).

i am also drinking a ton of water and find that when i eat large meals i feel awfully sick. I can only hope that this finishes at 12 weeks. I would love to have a nice pregnancy. there are 4 other ladies at my work who are all pregnant and been having a lovely time of it. it doesnt seem fair.

I am due on the 24 January but as i have to have a c section it will probably be a couple of weeks early.

it will be great to hear from you.

x

davina :D

14. bobtheunfortunateone

Hi kath
    My sicky feeling is going now! *wooo ohhhh* but I am one of the lucky ones! Learning what food baby bean likes me too have and what not to have!

Still sleepy, but it is a taste of things to come! I do sleep well most nights too! my breast are a bit better (There big anyway, just have to be careful how I lay, but now with a bit of a belly I am more limited!) I'm 10 Weeks so it is getting better, it's true!!!! I work 9 till 5 get home do tea then thats me done, I hate going to bed cos it is up 2 full flights of stairs, my hubby as to push me up now! I just have to go up to get changed after work and I feel like I've run 20 miles! But it gets better before the third trimester GET IT OUT stage! I Hope? Sorry to hear about you being sick, not nice for you!

oh davina! at least you get to miss Celeb Love Island too- see there are benifits!!!

15. trevinosbaby

Hey Cat,

Sorry for not replying lately. Your lucky your sickness is ebbing. Mine isn't. So ginger tea didn't work? Well, I'm almost out of pants to wear. My bf is getting exicited cause he noticed last night that my tummy is bigger than last week. Does any one else get sick from eating and not eating? I don't win either way. I know whatca mean about being tired. I can take a nap and be ready for another one within 10 minutes. Has anyone expereinced not wanting foods they used to love? Mine is eggs (mainly), I can't stand them at all anymore.

~~Kris~~

16. bobtheunfortunateone

Hi Kris!

Nope Ginger tea was rubbish! I find as long as I eat a little meal and often then I am OK! not off much, just don't fancy much at all so I eat what ever I do my hubby! Baby bean does not like me having Yogurt! but I never liked it much anyway so no problem! Just somedays I really fancy something (the other week is was KFC chicken (Mainly the battered skin) and the sweetcorn) but I think I just got abit of an appertite back and that is what i fanced!

Ohh I booked my first scan! 21st of June will let you know how it goes!

XX Cat and Baby Bean xx

17. Tara & Liam

Hi

I feel so sick. I do sort of fancy cough candies so i am going to see if i can get some. i am so tired to. i really hope that this time it stops at 12 weeks. i dont know how i will cope if it continues right to nine months.

i have my first scan the week after my birthday July 10. Not seeing the midwife until 1 July so havent got an exact date yet.

xx

Let me know how the scan went.

x

18. Tiny Sue

I know that being sick is the norm....but is anyone really hungry as well as slightly nauseous? I'm starving again and I just ate dinner...maybe I'm lacking something or other...no cravings really.

Sue

19. trevinosbaby

Hey Cat,

I've learned that certain foods turn me and if I don't overeat I usually good. Most of the time I don't feel like eating. Tiny Sue, don't worry about it. I get those too. I can go from being completely sick to my tummy to feeling like I haven't ate in four days :) lol. My newest thing is red pepper (fresh) dipped in ranch dressing. I haven't book my scan yet. I need too. I also need to tell my parents. Easier said then done. KEep me updated Cat!!!

~~Kris~~

20. Tiny Sue

:lol:

After lying down for about 20 minutes, I went out to the corner shop, bought a bar of chocolate and ate it. Feel fine now! No cravings my foot...been trying to keep away from choc though, it's so bad.

Sue