Jamie Oliver: Eat to save your life =x

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Ive just watched it on catch-up TV... Its gross anybody else watched it?

:puke: :puke:

I thought it was a really interesting programme.

I've seen Gunther doing his body dissection before in other programmes so knew what to expect there.

Jamie did raise a lot of good points about the crap that goes in to pre-packed and pre-pared foods. Who actually needs sugar in their bread? I make my own soda bread and its so simple and only needs flour, buttermilk and bicard of soda. Takes 5 minutes to make, 30 to cook and tastes amazing when hot from the oven or cold with something later on.

I think if people really realised what it is they are eating in prepacked foods most would be put off for life.

Sausage roll anyone? :puke: I've not eaten one of those since I was at school and found out about how they extract the 'meat' for them. Same with cheap packs of plastic ham and so on.

We really don't need as much meat and starchy/carb filled food as we eat. If we bulked out with more veggies and so on we'd be a lot better off, health wise and financially. Veggies go a lot further than meat does.

We also need to learn to eat older meat again. Mutton not lamb for example. Really tastt and some great recipes to be found for things.

And don't get me started on the amount of salt in our food. It does my head in and I can't stand ready meals as their salt content is so high. I don't use any salt whatsoever in my cooking and there is none to be found in our house for people to add either :lol: :roll:

I hope more people have at least become aware of what they are putting in their bodies now and long may this kind of info be made available.

I was quite relieved to realise that my diet is sooooo much better than those 18 'average' people on the show. I like to cook my meals from scratch with fresh ingredients... thats what Jake will be brought up on. Unfortunately my OH is fussy to the point of rejecting most veg and fruit, he only wants unhealthy junk food. I have to hide vegetables in his food :roll:

The dissection of that 25 stone man was something else again... really makes you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back