Jamie Lewis is here!!!!

stephlw25

Reaction score
Well finally little Jamie is here!!!

Unfortunately me and little Jamie had quite a rough time of it! i started having contractions at 7pm monday 29th and by 2am that moring they got rather painful so thats when i went into hospital, i got in there and was 3cm dilated and very very uncomforatable! i had my TENS machine on, which helped at first but wasnt really doing much any more!! gas and air was amazing!!! cant recomend it enough!!! i felt sooooooo drunk!! by about 6pm i was 6cm dilated and gas and air was doing nothing so i was screaming for an epidural!!!! so i had one about half an hour later and wow what a relief!!!! the epidural didnt hurt at all and i finally felt comfortable and was able to sleep for a bit. everything was going fine and i was dilating nicely until 10.30 when i was 9 and a half cm, and my waters broke, the midwife was concerned about the position of the head, to cut a long story short babys head was face down and was getting very squashed and the heartrate was slowing down and then he pooed!!! lol then the heart stopped beating and i was rushed down for a c-section! i was going to have it under GA as they needed to get baby out quickley but as i arrived to theatre his heart rate picked up and they gave me a spinal injection.

Anyway Jamie was born by emergency c-section weighing just over 8lbs (8lbs and three quaters of an ounce!!) it was all very emotional as the poor litle thing came out with a vert swollen head and face from being in that postion for so long and was taken to the special care baby unit, i finally meet him and held my little boy at about 5pm that evening. we came home today and we are both doing fine, his swelling on his face has gone but his head is still a little swollen.

Sorry if ive scared the crap outa anyone now!! lol if it helps the midwife said that accoring to her research that only happens in 1 in 1500 births, had to me didnt it!! lol

And yes it is all worth it in the end and it wouldnt put me off having another one!! (although not for a few years maybe!!!!)

http://
Photos not all that good but will post some better ones asap!!!

Congratulations Steph, Jamie Lewis is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you are both home safe and well, make sure you take care of yourself and enjoy being a Mum!! :D

Congratulations!!!! Jamie Lewis is so gorgeous!!!!
You had a hard time at the hospital but I am glad all ended well at the end!!!!
Enjoy your baby and hope to hear from you soon :)

Nathalie

Jamie is lovely, Good luck for the future and congratulations on your little man X

Well done Steph, he is gorgeous :D

Congratulations! What a cute little man he is. x

Steph, he is so gorgeous. Congratulations and lots of love to you both, am glad everything is ok and that you are both home. Big hugs and Xs

Hiya Steph

Many many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy Jamie Lewis!!!

Sorry to read you both had such a tough time, but everything was well in the end, which is fab :lol:

Hope you are both doing well - Looking forwarsd to the next lot of pictures already!

Love & hugs to you both

Hi Steph

Wonderful to hear your news! :lol: ! :lol: - I was thinking about you all week as I remembered you were due soon. Sorry to hear you had a rough ride with it - but He is absolutly georgous and Im glad your home now.

MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

L x

congratulations hun what a beautiful baby :D
sorry you had such a rough time glad you are both home safe and well xxxx

Hi Steph

He is gorgeous! well done.

Your story is so similar to my best friend's who gave birth to her little boy 2 weeks tommorrow. Her contractions where lasting too long and the baby couldn't handle them. Aparently our muscles contract which squeezes the baby. The babies heart beat became weak and eventually stoppped. She was about to have a C-section when the heart beat picked up again. The hospital ended up giving her something to stop the contractions. He was born healthy and happy!

Love your pictures - so cute!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.

Sarah xx

Aww, he is just too cute! Congratulations Steph.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time, but I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say it was definitely worth it in the end!

xxxxxx

Awwwwwwwwwwww congratulations Steph

Im sorry it was such a bad experience but well done you for producing such a little cutey!!!

Hope motherhood is going well so far and look forward to chatting soon.

Sorry to hear it wasnt to great for you, but like you say im sure all totally worth it in the end

Congratulations and good luck

Take care

Natalie x :D

Hi Steph,

Congratulations!! Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't wonderful but if you say you'd do it all again regardless then that gives me some confidence!!!
Well Done to you and Jamie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back