Jacobs due date....

Bellarina

Reaction score
Well its Jacobs due date today and I honestly thought he'd have been here by now given the past few days craziness!

Saturday night at about 6:30 I started getting tightenings and period pains and they were coming every 10 mins for about an hr or so....they then progressed to every 8 mins so I rang the hospital and they said it sounds like ur in the early stages of labour and to have some painkillers and a warm bath which I did.....all night then I got consistent contractions right up to 7 mins apart.....at about 1:30am I decided to try and get some sleep incase I needed my energy.....anyway by the morning they stopped!
rang the hospital again and told them and they said this can happen sometimes and that I would prob get them starting up again soon.......

so then few hrs later at about 5pm sure enuff I started getting them again only this time more painful.....was getting them all night but yet again went to sleep and Monday morning they had stopped. also googled all this and its happened to quite a few girls, so guess im not the only one with a messed up body eh!

so here we are now, babys due date but no baby as of yet :( been getting a lot of pain today behind pubic bone like, and lots of mucas whenever I wipe, so im hoping hel come soon.....iv got mw apt tomorrow tho so if I haven't gone into labour maybe shel do a sweep im not sure.

tbh I felt a right muppet when it all stopped and was obviously really upset that it happened not once but twice to me as I had geared myself up to holding him in my arms.

anyway hopefully next couple of days il have baby Jacob in my arms

xxx

you are not alone i to have had this happen twice. hope ur little one is in ur arms soon!! it wont be long :) xx

Ah that must be so frustrating, it is horrible waiting and getting your hopes up. It will happen though, we have to try to remember that!

Must be a Jacob thing. I keep getting contractions, first day (2 days ago) they were painless and 20-15 mins apart then they stopped after 3 hours, then yesterday I had a lot of period pain and then last night started having contractions 10 minutes apart (fairly uncomfortable) and then went to sleep to get some rest and they stopped again!! So far today nothing?! I'm a day overdue now and fed up of this messing about :-( let's hope things get a wiggle on for us! X

You poor thing, you must be getting so frustrated. Just remember though that all those contractions you've been having wont have been wasted, they'll all have helped to get everything ready for proper labour and you might even find that when labour does start you will progress quicker as you've already done some of the hard work! Hope you're not waiting too much longer before Jacob is in your arms xxx

oh you poor thing :( xx i keep typing this on different threads , but its somethin the midwifes told me at my antenatal classes, try and eat slow release energy foods and stock up on your sleep and relaxation techniques from the second you start feelin contractions, whether that have lasted for days or hours apparently it helps the early stages of labour dramatically if your body is geared up right :D oh and obv eat little and often lil sugary snacks like sweets or chocolate :D but not too much sugary stuff as it will just bring your energy levels crashing back down!! :( hot choc with some sugar in works for me with these cramps iv been getting :) xx

thanks for the messages girls uv made me feel less of a muppet now lol

and im glad im not the only one its happened to! as wen iv told people theyv looked at me like im a mad woman!

well im keeping energy levels up with lots of snacks and drinks...and just took dog for a 1 mile walk so will see now

not looking forward to sweep tomorrow as the midwife isn't my normal one, its the one I had last time who was really rough with me and left me in a lot of pain afterwards

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back