ivf mummies.. when did your babies arrive?

kkheartsbaby

Reaction score
Congratulations to any ivf mummies on here. Just wanted to know if any of your babies arrived before your due date or afterwards? Stats say they are higher risk of coming early, low birth weight etc which is playing on my mind....

So far ive been told that I will be induced 7 days over due date if baby has not made an appearance before then.

Xx

Mine arrived at 33+2. She was 5lb 7 so certainly not small for her age. She's a very happy and healthy 16 month old now and no one would ever know that she was premature.

Don't think her early arrival was to do with IVF though. Much more likely that it was because of my having GD.

My baby was born at 38 weeks exactly and weighed 6lb 3oz - I was induced though so it wasn't a spontaneous labour. There are slightly higher risks of still birth for ivf pregnancies going overdue, my consultant said its more likely the placenta will break down than in a non- ivf pregnancy. Some NHS trusts don't allow ivf pregnancies to go overdue for this reason, my trust doesn't have a rule as such but when I spoke to my consultant about it she agreed the risk is higher and that it is preferable for baby not to be late. I was induced due to repeated episodes of reduced movement, they are super cautious with this anyway but especially if it's an ivf pregnancy xx

Thanks for replying ladies and glad you have had healthy happy babies :) Thats a scary thought about the placenta, I wondered why they preferred to deliver sooner than in natural pregnancies. Shall see what the consultant says after my 36w scan ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back