IVF ladies, past and present

lisey

Reaction score
Hi all.

Could you please let me know where you purchased your meds from? Also were you given an advice sheet on do's and dont's? I am sure I was given one last time such as no caffeine, to eat protein etc but can't remember anything else. I asked today but they said they don't have anything like that xx

Last edited:
I did mine on the NHS where they gave me all the meds and cant remember any sheets but there were a few things I tried to follow:

- Restrict alcohol intake ( still had a glass or 2 during down reg/Buserelin but nothing during stimulation )
- Take vitamins with Folic acid
- I did Acupuncture ( not relaxing but perhaps it helped since IVF worked? )
- I did Reflexology ( really relaxing! )
- Did some relaxation exercises at home before bed ( found on youtube )
- Exercise ( not excessive after embryo transfer but just to clear your head )
- After embryo transfer perhaps restrict coffee and try to keep to a diet as if you were pregnant ( I did not really do this 100% )

Might be more things but cant remember now. I was on Buserelin for Down reg, cant remember the FSH name ( stim meds ) but perhaps they are all the same, and then Gonasi for trigger before EC.

I hope this helps and good luck!!

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am planning on doing all those things, apart from reflexology, I know I wouldn't like it. I am having acupuncture though and love that, so I do have something I find relaxing to keep me sane :)

I know I am supposed to eat lots of protein but I can't remember when I am supposed to start that! xx

I think the protein is needed during stims, I also ate a handful of Brazil nuts each day during stims and the 2ww. Plenty of water to keep you hydrated and lots of fresh veggies. I used a hot water bottle on my tummy after injections during stims as well to promote blood flow and encourage those follies. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Good luck hun xxx

Mine was NHS too.

I wasn't really told to do or not to do anything but I did do acupuncture. She told me to drink a glass of milk every day then told me to stop (I think it was between EC and ET). I got good eggs on a low stim dose but it just didn't work! Xx

I bought my drugs from Asda when private. Was the cheapest by far, took couple of days to get them in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back