IVF ladies, past and present

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by lisey, Jun 21, 2016.

1. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Hi all.

Could you please let me know where you purchased your meds from? Also were you given an advice sheet on do's and dont's? I am sure I was given one last time such as no caffeine, to eat protein etc but can't remember anything else. I asked today but they said they don't have anything like that xx

#1 lisey, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. MariaIsabella

MariaIsabella Well-Known Member

I did mine on the NHS where they gave me all the meds and cant remember any sheets but there were a few things I tried to follow:

- Restrict alcohol intake ( still had a glass or 2 during down reg/Buserelin but nothing during stimulation )
    - Take vitamins with Folic acid
    - I did Acupuncture ( not relaxing but perhaps it helped since IVF worked? )
    - I did Reflexology ( really relaxing! )
    - Did some relaxation exercises at home before bed ( found on youtube )
    - Exercise ( not excessive after embryo transfer but just to clear your head )
    - After embryo transfer perhaps restrict coffee and try to keep to a diet as if you were pregnant ( I did not really do this 100% )

Might be more things but cant remember now. I was on Buserelin for Down reg, cant remember the FSH name ( stim meds ) but perhaps they are all the same, and then Gonasi for trigger before EC.

I hope this helps and good luck!!

3. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am planning on doing all those things, apart from reflexology, I know I wouldn't like it. I am having acupuncture though and love that, so I do have something I find relaxing to keep me sane :)

I know I am supposed to eat lots of protein but I can't remember when I am supposed to start that! xx

4. Browneyed Girl

Browneyed Girl Well-Known Member

I think the protein is needed during stims, I also ate a handful of Brazil nuts each day during stims and the 2ww. Plenty of water to keep you hydrated and lots of fresh veggies. I used a hot water bottle on my tummy after injections during stims as well to promote blood flow and encourage those follies. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Good luck hun xxx

5. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Thanks so much :) xx

6. phonixgirl

phonixgirl Well-Known Member

Mine was NHS too.

I wasn't really told to do or not to do anything but I did do acupuncture. She told me to drink a glass of milk every day then told me to stop (I think it was between EC and ET). I got good eggs on a low stim dose but it just didn't work! Xx

7. Lucyboo

Lucyboo Well-Known Member

I bought my drugs from Asda when private. Was the cheapest by far, took couple of days to get them in x