IVF Funding

chattychar1990

Reaction score
Ladies,

I have a question, i have been looking into areas that fund IVF.

The area i live in is stating it offers 3 free cycles of NHS but the hospital i am under with my fertility consultant offers 0 (they are like 15 minutes away from each other)

So my question is, does it go on where you live or where your hospital is that depends on how many free cycles you get?

Please give me the answer i want to hear lol. x

It’s where you live!! although it’s v confusing.

Sorry not much of a detailed reply as we just landed in a Ibiza and not sleep deprived. But I’ve been through this and it’s defo where you live ie where you’re registered at with a doctor xx

It’s where you live!! although it’s v confusing.

Sorry not much of a detailed reply as we just landed in a Ibiza and not sleep deprived. But I’ve been through this and it’s defo where you live ie where you’re registered at with a doctor xx
@Jezby - thank you <3
This has made my bloody morning.
AF might have arrived but this is music to my ears.
Have the best time in Ibiza and i hope you come home with a little nuggett in your belly :) xx

Breaks my heart that you are even having to look into this! So glad it sounds like you are in a good area so can get it on the nhs though!

Xx

It’s the CCG for your area which will determine how many cycles you can have funded. But so long as your one says 3 then you should be ok. Hopefully you won’t need it though! Seen plenty of women here think they need treatment and get a bfp before they even get close.

It’s the CCG for your area which will determine how many cycles you can have funded. But so long as your one says 3 then you should be ok. Hopefully you won’t need it though! Seen plenty of women here think they need treatment and get a bfp before they even get close.
Its all so confusing. How would i find the CCG of my area and find out if i would get the cycles funded? xx

If the link doesn’t work just google
Find Clinical Commissioning Group services

Once you know which one just google that and ivf and see what rehire criteria is. (It was quicker than wading through their website)

For mine, it’s 1 cycle only and you get referred for fertility investigations/treatment after 2 years, unless there’s a known fertility factor then it’s 1 year.

They basically decide what to fund based on the needs for your area so your gp will have to go based on that. Hope that helps

As the others have said, your funding is determined by your CCG which I believe is determined by where your GP is located rather than where you specifically live.

If you Google fertility fairness, they have a spreadsheet which states the criteria to qualify for IVF for each CCG and also where you can have it under NHS funding.

In my area there was a choice of 3 private clinics which accepted NHS funded patients. We live halfway between 2 so could choose to be referred from the NHS hospital to either.

It is worth knowing in advance what your options are and I wish I'd known sooner as clinics do have open days so you can get a feel for them.

As the others have said, your funding is determined by your CCG which I believe is determined by where your GP is located rather than where you specifically live.

If you Google fertility fairness, they have a spreadsheet which states the criteria to qualify for IVF for each CCG and also where you can have it under NHS funding.

In my area there was a choice of 3 private clinics which accepted NHS funded patients. We live halfway between 2 so could choose to be referred from the NHS hospital to either.

It is worth knowing in advance what your options are and I wish I'd known sooner as clinics do have open days so you can get a feel for them.
Thanks Moomin that spreadsheet was helpful.
My area does indeed fund 3 cycles :) very happy about that.
Now roll on our appointment on 8th October, i hope our consultant starts the process x

@Jezby - thank you <3
This has made my bloody morning.
AF might have arrived but this is music to my ears.
Have the best time in Ibiza and i hope you come home with a little nuggett in your belly :) xx

oh bugger I’m sorry the witch arrived for you ... that’s not cool. But at least you have some answers and plans moving forward now.

My boobs are so sore and veiny it’s hard to keep them under control in my bikini. I daren’t attempt a swim lol!! Could be the progesterone .. who knows?!

X

So glad you got some answers char <3 really hoping you don’t ever need to go down this route but it’s good to be informed and get the ball rolling xx

I'm thinking of you too. I hope like many ladies on here you get your Bfp before you get that far but I'm so glad that you live in a good area for IVF. :dust: either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back