IVF follicle scan

Clairabella

Reaction score
Hi,

A question for the ladies that been through IVF..... I had a scan on Monday and the nurse advised that I have 9 follicles and my lining measured 7mm. I have another scan tomorrow and I'm wondering if the number of follicles is likely to be the same or will the number have increased since Monday?

Thanks xx

They should increase, but even if they don't 9 is excellent. They usually aim for 8-12 mature follies as ideal

Thanks scotch egg I've just finished at the host and they found 7 mature follicles the other two have grown too big. I'm booked in for EC at 7.30 am on Monday. I'm really happy to get this far.

Any tips for the next couple of days?xxx

Make sure you keep drinking lots of water, and keep it up after egg collection. How long do you have off work?

Don't worry too much about egg collection - I actually found it was my favourite bit. Oh and you will bleed a bit afterwards for a day or two. No one warned me about that and it scared me but it's fine.

And enjoy your drug free day!

I think rougly about 80 to 90% have eggs in so but I got 14 out of 14 i think, but either way I reckon you will get about 6 or 7 eggs and because you havent overstimulated hopefully they will be great quality... exciting stuff GL xx

Thanks For the tips ladies I'm drinking about 2 litres of water and a pint of milk a day. The consultant said that approx 80% of the follicles contain an egg which would take us to 5 I keep telling myself that we only need one egg and one sperm.
I looking forward to EC I've been given a list of things to take to the hospt with me so I will have a little shopping trip over the weekend I want a new dressing gown and slippers. Any excuse hey!

Don't be nervous at the thought of having fewer eggs that you had hoped, since my 2nd ICSI I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity.

My first cycle I had 13 mature eggs from 14 collected and ended up with 12 embryos all of which made it to day 3 but none were good quality by day 5 and most had sloweed down in their growth however, 2nd just 8 from 12 collected and we ended up with 6 embryos and 2 great quality blastocysts and 1 which JUST missed being good enough to freeze.

Keep up the water intake and make sure you have soe paracetamol in doors for after, everyone is different in terms of bleeding afterwards as unlike Scotch I didn't bleed at all after either of my collections, wishing you lots of luck x

Thanks tinker bell i have a low AMH level so I'm thinking that 7 follicles might produce 5 eggs... When do you find out how many have fertilised? Do they call you the following day after EC? X

They'll call the following morning to let you know fertilisation rate and then usually day 3 to let you know how they're doing and if to come in for transfer or wait till day 5

Yikes waiting for the call must be nerve wracking!
Thanks for the advice ladies I'm off for a glass of milk - I've really developed a taste for the stuff xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back