IVF - EGG TRANSFERRED - Do's and Don't

greenflower

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this group so hi everyone.
Just a brief line about my current situatuon. Myself and new husband have been TTC for more than 2 years now. We failed along the way. I was sent to the hospital for some tests and in January they discovered I had a dermoid cyst which was removed straightaway. I then went back for a follow up and I was then told I had low AMH levels of 3. I was heartbroken. My husband went for tests and came back at low but good quality.

In the end we opted for IVF (funded by NHS) and at egg collection, they retrieved 6 eggs, 4 made it to day 3 but only one made it day 5 at transfer. They said the embryo that they implanted was of 'superior' quality.

Now this was yesterday and I was told to rest, no lifting, no bathing, no saunas. Straight after I was implanted, I went to bed and woke up as usual. I then went into town for one hour, walking very slowly, came back, slept at lunch as I was so tired. I then did a load of washing. I am now thinking if I have done too much? I was advised to carry life as normal with the excepion of the above. I am now sitting for the night, with a blanket and drinking loads of water.

Please can anyone who's just been implanted tell me if I needed to rest? I am back at work tmw which is a 30 mins drive away.

Thanks
greenflower

Can't really help you as I've no experience but what I do think is if you were at this stage naturally you wouldn't know about the embryo at all and would be carrying on as normal. As long as your not lifting furniture around surely you will be ok?

If they've said to carry on as normal then that's what id do. I'm sorry I have no experience myself but wanted to come in and wish you luck. Xx

Thank you :) It's really hard to justify what you can and cant do. Good luck to all x

I can imagine and your bound to worry; carry on as normal as possible but don't over do it. Try not to stress as well. Can't imagine how you feel waiting; I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you

I think you're ok, I was just told no heavy lifting or hoovering and to eat and drink as if I was pregnant. A little bit of exercise ie gentle walking is good for blood flow x

No advice but I hope they implant and you get your forever baby xxx

Just do your normal day to day tasks but nothing strenuous, hope it works for you and you get your miracle baby. You might get more tips on the LTTTC page below as lots of ladies in similar situation. My friend got her IVF twins last month after 7 years trying x

Thank you. I'll just carry on as normal.

I do have one random question. I was told to cut out caffeine which I have done but this morning I was preparing dinner for tonight (gammon ham in cola) slow cook, that's still OK to eat isn't it?! I hope so as it's delicious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back