IVF and comments in news today

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Helen, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

I've just sat and read the comments on the BBC website about infertility and IVF treatment. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4155684.stm Some of the comments on there completely and utterly outraged me. :x Obviously written by folks who've never had any problems conceiving!! Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!

2. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, some of those comments were a bit harsh and really annoyed me. I am glad that there will be a debate on the current IVF system, does need a bit of an update. Not a fan of the choosing the sex of your baby though.

3. MrsG

MrsG Well-Known Member

OMG! I totally agree some of those comments are outrageous! oh made me shout at my screen in anger!!!!

4. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

I start my first lot of IVF treatment on 5th September, which has been funded by the NHS. My husband and I have unexplained fertility and have been TTC naturally for several years. After reading some of the comments on the BBC website I cannot believe some peoples naive views. I think a lot of the people on there should think before they open their mouths. I cannot believe that anyone can truly appreciate how IVF couples feel until they've been there and felt the overwhelming longing that the inability to have a baby naturally brings to you.

It's good to know that you girls out there are around to talk to. I can always log on here and somehow feel not so alone. . . Thanks to you all. :)