IVF - 1st cycle, BFP -> 48hrs of bleeding - Advice please! :(

Sydney

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanting some thoughts on my situation.

I am 13dp5dt (1 x hatching blastocyst transferred).
6dpt5dt: BFN
9dpt: After work and peeing all day, had urge to test and it was BFP - shocked!
10dpt: Positive. Went to bed with some cramping
11dpt: Woke up to cramping and back ache and had brown spotting mixed with my progesterone excess. The loss then became dark red and over the course of the day, red with occasional small bits of tissue/type loss. Not normal for me. Went for HCG and progesterone that morning.
12dpt: Bleeding continued, essentially a period. HCG result: 21.3
13dpt - Today. Bleeding ceased early afternoon - pad insitu remains clean. Earlier today I did an IC and got the clearest line I've ever gotten on them (they don't work great for me, even in previous pregnancy). So I got out my last remaining first response rapid result (NOT FRER) and it was darker than yesterdays (going to attach after I work out how! ). Top image is yesterday's with FMU, today's on the bottom, not FMU.

Firstly, I am very realistic that this isn't going to end well. I haven't had a CP before but I would have expected the tests to become lighter after 48hours of bleeding? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Seems a bit of a cruel game :(

I'm booked in for my next HCG on Monday so it's a long weekend of wondering what the hell is going on. My main guesses are ectopic of blighted ovum, other than CP of course. It's all just driving me a bit crazy :(

Any thoughts appreciated.

FR.jpeg

Hey Sydney,

My CP's involved not being able to pee (doctor said something pushes on the bladder, or blocks it, I can't remember was too emotional) and then 10 days of really heavy bleeding with clots, changing a pad every hour so I didn't do a follow up test to know if line went darker or lighter. I just knew it was gone.

I know that some women do bleed and have a perfectly healthy pregnancy so until you get your HCG result on Monday its just a waiting game. Did they suggest it could be ectopic / blighted ovum or did they say just wait and see? Fingers crossed it has jumped up.

Sending you the biggest hug. IVF is emotionally and physically gruelling so be kind to yourself, get your feet up this weekend and hopefully on Monday it will be good news. xx

Hi Bambi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. My clinic hasn't said much yet at this point - congratulated me on positive test and advised to do progesterone and HCG. When I told them my HCG they said repeat on Monday (tomorrow) and go from there. The clinic is in Europe so a bit tricky.
I've made the differential diagnoses of blighted ovum and ectopic as I don't think it's behaving like a chemical pregnancy. I'm just so scared because of my previous ectopic, I'm already at risk in addition to IVF.. so just trying to keep level headed.

If my HCG rises nicely then I'll be feeling a lot more optimistic! x

Hi Bambi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. My clinic hasn't said much yet at this point - congratulated me on positive test and advised to do progesterone and HCG. When I told them my HCG they said repeat on Monday (tomorrow) and go from there. The clinic is in Europe so a bit tricky.
I've made the differential diagnoses of blighted ovum and ectopic as I don't think it's behaving like a chemical pregnancy. I'm just so scared because of my previous ectopic, I'm already at risk in addition to IVF.. so just trying to keep level headed.

If my HCG rises nicely then I'll be feeling a lot more optimistic! x
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow! Where in Europe are you being tested?x

Has the spotting / bleeding stopped now Sydney? When will you know your HCG for today?

Has the spotting / bleeding stopped now Sydney? When will you know your HCG for today?
Yep - just 48hrs of it. I've run out of decent preg tests and so used my last IC this morning. Never had great lines with them but thought if levels are rising it might show more seeing as my other brands are giving strong positives, it's hard to know if hcg is increasing. This mornings is the bottom test. Previous (top test) 48hrs ago but I think it has faded a bit. I'm 5/40 today.

I told the phleb my backstory as I told her why I'm keen to know asap. She said a courier normally picks up samples at 1400 but she said if staffing was ok she'd see if someone could take it over earlier. So either this afternoon or tomorrow and then a rpt Wednesday.

Hoping for a miracle x

0FB4208F-3E37-4962-A5B2-137F6719DB02.JPG

If I’d have seen that line on the IC I’d say you are still pregnant but perhaps maybe it was twins? I would still hold out hope lovely.

Hopefully your HCG will show that. I mean it could have been a heavy implantation bleed also. I would keep your hopes up lovely! Have everything crossed for you x

I personally think you have nothing to worry about. Your lines are most definitely getting darker.
Easier said than done when people tell you not to worry but i am hoping everything is all okay x

Wow that's a strong line on a cheapie! I'm pretty sure you are still pregnant!
Wiiieh so exciting!x

I think with being blindsided by a previous traumatic ectopic and knowing I'm at risk of another one, it's hard not to worry.

So my HCG has gone from 21.3 to 297. Doubling time is 31hours. So I'm either not quite 5 weeks or something else is going on. I'll have another in two days and see how that's behaved! x

With it doubling in 31hrs id still take that as a good increase. Obviously wait for the next one but for now I’d be happy with that I think.

It's still good news! I really hope it's a sticky bean!:hug:

I think with being blindsided by a previous traumatic ectopic and knowing I'm at risk of another one, it's hard not to worry.

So my HCG has gone from 21.3 to 297. Doubling time is 31hours. So I'm either not quite 5 weeks or something else is going on. I'll have another in two days and see how that's behaved! x

297 sounds like a good jump hunny. Let us know how you get on Wednesday. Big hug xx

Thank you all so much for your kind words and taking the time to reply. TTC and fertility struggles is a lonely place to be so I really appreciate your replies x

Everything crossed this end but it sounds so promising thus far! Xx

Glad to here your hcg has increased by a good bit. We all have our fingers crossed for you x x

Hi Ladies,

I got my HCG result back from yesterday, 48 hours following the previous and it's gone from 297 - 762. So it's more than doubling slightly.

Unless there are any complications prior, that's it until my EPAU appt next Wednesday x

Hi Ladies,

I got my HCG result back from yesterday, 48 hours following the previous and it's gone from 297 - 762. So it's more than doubling slightly.

Unless there are any complications prior, that's it until my EPAU appt next Wednesday x
Yayy that is brilliant news. Over the moon for you hun <3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back