I've put on a stone!!!!

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Weighed myself yesterday and nearly fell over with the shock! Am usually just over 9 stone and am now just over 10. 10 stone!!!! I know I have a bump, but that can't weigh a stone! Am now terrified that I'm going to be one of those women that puts on about 3 stone!! Don't know wahat to do as I only eat when hungry and hadn't really been overindulging apart from over Christmas!

Also, my boobs! Not only are they now veiny and have stretch marks, I have gone from a 34B to a 36D!! They are so ugly!

Rant over.

I can't say I have put on weight yet, only lost it through hypermesis. But with my weight now stabilised and I'm eating more now I dread to think how much I'm going to end up putting on :? but then again I did start at over 16 stone so really could do with not putting much back on xx

Last edited:
I had put a stone on by the end of tri 1 pretty much.

Try not to stress hun, if you are not overeating then it will all be baby related and not extra padding so you'll lose it afterwards.

I reckon I'm on course for at least 3 stone on.

I generally put weight on after the first tri is over. So far I've only put on a 1 lb as far as I know. Its weigh in tomorrow x But its all to do with all the water in womb the increase in volume of blood and the baby itself and your boobies x

Don't worry about it hunny x

I haven't stood on scales since I had first hospital appointment and really don't plan to. Before I fell pregnant I was taking 4-5 spin classes a week and now doing none so am definitely gonna put on more weight than I'd like to but I know that afterwards once I start back to classes again it will come off easily enough. My boobs have gone from 30F to 32G and just seem way to huge and heavy. I have a bump but don't seem to be much bigger in hips or thighs yet as I can still fit into my normal size jeans though they don't button so way too uncomfortable to actually wear.

Don't worry about weight gain. It's normal with pregnancy and afterwards with proper diet and exercise should come off. xx

i gave in and weighed myself and have put on half a stone since i was weighed at 12 weeks x

Hi Kirsty

I've put on a stone as well, I am eating everything in sight though! Trying to eat healthily from here on in as I am scared I end up putting on 3 or 4 stone too :shock:

I've put on a stone during the pregnancy as well and i don't even eat that much lol xx

Just thinking, anorexics don't have periods etc so they do not get pregnant, because baby needs nutrients. Makes me feel a lil better about my 2 stone gain any way, baby needs this! I have a life time to lose it after :)

Well at least I'm not the only one that has gained weight :)

That's a good way to look at it kayelle, my body wouldn't tell me it is hungry unless it needs the food! Although I don't quite have a lifetime to lose the weight, I am chief bridesmaid for my best friend on 26th August so want to be slim-ish by then. I just don't wanna look back at all her wedding photos thinking that I look fat! But I can't see me being back in my size 10s 10 weeks after giving birth! But I can hope!

Yeah I know what you mean, I am a bridesmaid on 12/12/12 so have a load of months but yeah. On good day I of course am proud of my belly, and if was told you can be skinny or have baby I obv choose babi, but I get upset about how much weight I have put on my thighs and arms!

I'm piling it on! I was 8 1/2 stone pre pregnancy. Weighed myself a few days ago and I'm 9 st 13 lbs! Never been this heavy in my life. LOL!!

It's shocking isn't it! I've never been much over 9st so to see 10st when I stepped on the scales was a shock!

Just hope the weight gain slows down! I'd really only like to put on 2 or 2 and a half in total!

Awww I must be a freak then as so far I've only put 2pm on but I think it's mainly because I've been so sick and poorly that whatever I have eaten I've thrown back up!!
I was scared about putting on so much weight but I guess I've still loads of time!! I managed to get to 11stone gor my wedding which was perfect for my height etc within a year I went up to 12stone again and still am. I just font want yo go anymore than 12 and a half as it takes so long to shift!! I keep thinking as baby is due in summer at least I can walk everywhere!
We wrecking to centreparcs when baby is 10 weeks old so I've got that long to get some weight off!! X

It seems that if you are lucky enough to have no sickness you just put on loads of weight, and if you are unlucky enough to have horrendous sickness you don't put on the weight! Not sure what I'd prefer! x

Im so scared about the weight gain this time round as haven't lost the weight from having my son in 2010 yet! But im on slimming world and hope it keeps me healthy!

Oh hon, don't worry too much, when you think about all the extra blood, fluid, baby etc in your body a stone is nothing really! I admire you though, i'm way too scared to get on the scales!!!

With my daughter I was so sick that I was just skin, bones and bump until almost tri 3. Then I got my appetite back but I had horrendous spd so barely got any exercise and ended up 5 dress sizes bigger!! My craving for white toast loaded with Nutella probably helped that along!!! It did come off quickly though, I think the combination of breastfeeding, long walks with the pram and eating healthily did it for me.

I'm determined to try to eat healthily and stay as active as possible throughout this pregnancy so I don't gain too much weight that isn't baby-type stuff. Unless the chocolate spread craving comes back...!!!

It seems that if you are lucky enough to have no sickness you just put on loads of weight, and if you are unlucky enough to have horrendous sickness you don't put on the weight! Not sure what I'd prefer! x

I've only put on about a 3lb, To which I'd lost a 1lb at my 16 week weigh in for my journal. Pre weight was 11 stone 11lb. Last weight was 11 stone 13 lb's x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back