I've had a (Back from Scan)

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hi All,
Yesterday I went to the toilet and when I wiped I had bright red blood so me being me panicked and went to A&E. They were really good and checked my urine which was fine possible Infection but nothing major and they tested my bloods and my HCG was 61735 which I am told is high for 11 Weeks. They did the usual stomach exam and said it was fine and definately not eptopic which is a relief as I had tummy ache yesterday but no more than normal. Since that one incident (touch wood) there has been nothing so they havent brought my scan forward but I couldnt wait so i have booked a private one tomorrow. Does this sound normal as I wouldnt really call it spotting. Any Info would be greatly appeciated :?

If the hospital have done all the checks they can and feel like their isn't any need to bring the scan forward then everything looks fine hun.

I think in your position i would have done the same with an early scan, but it really doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.
When is your scan booked for?

I had the same but a couple of weeks earlier in first tri.

While it worried me a lot, I went to my GP and he explained that unless it was accompanied with severe pain and continued bleeding then to not worry too much. If it was only when you wiped and everything seems well then I'd relax.

As awful as it sounds there really is not much they can do about this sort of spotting and a lot of the time the advice is to just keep an eye on it and contact a doctor or visit them etc if bleeding continues or becomes heavier and you have lots of pain. I can understand them leaving your scan as it is. If you are really worried you could go see your GP for an EPS referral and get a scan that way, but he may not feel it is high risk and therefore not needed. Depends on your Doc and the level of bleeding etc.

I'd try not to panic and relax about it and look forward to your scan.

My Private scan is booked for tomorrow so not long to wait, I still feel pregnant as I have been so ill this mornignbut anything happened yesterday I dont think my body would have realised yet to stop the symptoms!!
Everything has returned to normal but I resting over the next few days just to make sure as yesterday I was lifting some things at work that were probably to heavy so thought it might just have caused a strain and thats where the blood comes from but it was only that one wipe!!
I have read so many conflicting peices of information on this it is all so confusing.
I am prepared for anything tomorrow as I know I cant influence it and its a natural thing if it is a m/c so will have to wait and see

Good Luck for tomorrow and i hope everything goes ok hun xxx

I had some discharge and bleeding at 7 and 8 weeks and went to my local epu both times. I was given couple of scans, blood tests, urine tests and a swab. Everything came back clear and no reason for my problems were found.

I've been fine since, apart from a tiny bit of bleeding at 36 weeks. Again no reason was given.

Some women seem to experience this problem and others don't.

Hope this has helped. I'm sure everything is fine and you have nothing to worry about. xxx

Good luck at your scan tomorrow, hope all goes ok

Hi All,
Thanks for your well wishes, well I have had my scan and we are in shock. According to my LMP I shouls be 11 weeks 1 day pregnant so the bleed on Friday was Very scary. We had our scan whic actually showed I am only 6 weeks 5 days pregnant so we were 4 weeks and 3 days out but we saw the heart beat which was lucky this early so all is well and I can now relaz :D The blled will have been my implantation bleed!! I have updated my ticker so I am re doing the time I thought had passed again. So positive ending yay!! :D

Really pleased for you that everything is well with your pregnancy.

Did they explain why you got a bfp and have high hgc? I know what i'm thinking so just wondering

Hi Minime,
I will have tested pregnant at 2 weeks which is possible apparently and my hormone levels are within the correct amounts for this stage so everything is good. What do you think the reasons were?

Wow, that's mad but glad everything's worked out ok - I am sure the weeks will whizz by xx

First Baby White said:
Hi Minime,
I will have tested pregnant at 2 weeks which is possible apparently and my hormone levels are within the correct amounts for this stage so everything is good. What do you think the reasons were?

I thought maybe you got a BFP but it didn't implant properly (hence the recent bleed) but got pregnant again the next month which explains your high HCG (You said it was high HCG for 11 weeks) :think:

That sounds very plausable to me, minime. As at nearly 6 weeks, would that not have been quite late for an implantation bleed?

A lady on tv got pregnant while she was laready pregnant! Many strange things can happen.

So glad all is well with your little bean :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back