I've given in to anxiety... Private scan tomorrow. Anyone else had one?

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
My anxiety has won. :wall2:
I have booked a private scan for tomorrow. Am 11 weeks + 1 tomorrow and despite 2 really healthy scans at 7 and 9 weeks with heartbeats, I just can't get it out of my head that baby is not well. I wow I sound ungrateful, but keep hearing about missed miscarriages and my friend just told me she had one before her little boy before.
Had some spotting and cramps and begged to be scanned again but no luck. I have decided that this may be the only way to relax until my 13 weeks scan (as that is what I will be when have the dating scan).
Has anyone experienced anything similar or had a private scan at similar point?
Please wish me stickiness! X

I'm 10 weeks and feeling really anxious aswell. Have also been reading about mmc and blighted ovum and I know I shouldn't Google!! My scan is the start of March, am worried I'm going to get there and be told I've imagined it or something. Haven't booked a private scan though.
I suppose it's a natural feeling that everyone goes through no matter how many times they've been through it. Good luck!! x

Good luck SCL - i had a mmc, diagnosed at a private scan at 10 weeks but I knew it had stopped at 6 weeks cos all My symptoms stopped at that point. I've decided not to have one this time round as I dont want to pay to be told bad news. I know that probably sounds odd??

Anyway, you have a really really strong chance of all being well!!! Two previous scans which were all good is a fantastic position to be in.

Wishing you lots of luck and stickiness xxx

Last edited:
Ah thanks, ladies.
I am hoping it's all good... I love this little thing so much already. Sorry to hear about your loss, Aragon. Nothing can compare to the pain.
Rubyred - I am sure we will be fine. You can ask for an early scan. Bug them! Or go for a scan... Mine will cost £99 but it will be worth it, especially if all ok. Depending on where you are, you can refer yourself to EPU for scan anyway. You can't where I am, but lots of others can. Anxiety isn't great, so should be a reason to scan, I think!

Plus, it doesn't sound odd, Aragon, but because of your experience before, surely you should be given on at EPU, if you want one that is.
Very, very goodluck... Xxx

Good luck for tomorrow and fingers cross there's a happy little bean swimming around in there.

I am from UK but live in Norway where the standard NHS supplied ultrasound isn't until 18 weeks (!!) So I had an "early" one at 12 weeks. I was in the waiting room absolutely convinced there'd be some problem, but it was just my anxiety playing up as the little nugget was happily waving his/her arms and legs about!

Wish you all the very best for a sticky bean tomorrow!

Thank you.
Update us tomorrow!! Xx

Any news on your scan??

Im only 5 weeks but will have a private scan in a couple of weeks as I want to hear the heart beat.

Good luck hun

xx

It went very well, thank you!
Hopefully you can see my little one here - dancing away to start with. Amazing! Could see a profile of face and wouldn't sit still until I laid perfectly still!
Thank you for asking, all. I hope all of you get to see something just as amazing.
I feel better. So glad I did it.
Sure it's a boy still. No names for boys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 37
Any news on your scan??

Im only 5 weeks but will have a private scan in a couple of weeks as I want to hear the heart beat.

Good luck hun

xx

I would recommend a scan as they were lovely and you have a big screen in front of you so that you can see everything, but I think you won't be able to hear the heartbeat that early on. You should be able to see it usually by 7 weeks, I think, but they don't listen for it until around 14 weeks or so.
It's amazing to see it though! Our first scan showed something that just looked like it was all heart plus heartbeat at 7 weeks, although I measured at 6+3 then. However, since scan, measured at 9+3 so I was where I thought and that showed an actual baby shape with flickering heartbeat inside it - almost like a white bit on fuzzy tv just flashing, but amazing. Then today, our baby was dancing around, with a full profile and hands and legs floating around!
Recommend the private scan as opposed to EPU (well my EPU, anyway!) because they talk to you and take you seriously and give you the time you need.
I have a Doppler from Amazon and they say that you can only hear it from 14 weeks, but we heard it at 10 weeks... Not every time(!) as it takes time to find it, but we have heard it twice.... Xxxxx

Glad it went well, great pic!

Wow great picture!!! Congratulations!!
Xx

Yaaaay! Do you feel more relaxed now? I think boy too, that looks like a bulge unless it's his cord haha but I'm saying boy!!! Great scan photo and I'm so glad it went great for you xxxxxx

I feel more relaxed, yes, to the point that we are telling close friends this evening :)
Hopefully on a couple of weeks, we'll be announcing :)
Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back