Ive decided at last.......

hels

Reaction score
hello all.....bloody lap top has been sent away for the 6th time in so many months, so im in a internet cafe, cant keep away!!!
Any way, i have been trying to decide lately on wether to change from hospital to birth centre, and i have now decided that I can do the natural birth that i so want, and am going (all being well) to the local birth centre. we had a look the other day and it looks fab, just what id like, reflexology, aromotherapy, massage, water etc. I feel less scared about the birth now as i have a better idea of what i want. Any one else chosen a birth centre as opposed to hospital???
How was a water birth for those that have done it??
Any way, good luck to everyone, hope to catch up soon.

Hello

Sounds wonderful, this is my first so i have no idea a bout a water birth but im sure someone on here will.
I hear it is really relaxing though and helps with pain.
Im just waiting now..
Good luck and hope you come up with yoru decision.
Katrina :D

Im going for a visit on sat to the hospital and then the birthing unit......at the moment im opting for the birthing unit (it may change depending on the amount of screams i hear!)

Birthing unit for me...... :shock: no epidurals done there either.

Such a home from home atmosphere though and so cosy.

Yea thats what i want, its good because the birthing unit is actually under the same roof as the hospital delivery suite so im really close if there are complications.

thats good Fayeballina that its all under one roof.
we just have to keep fingers crossed that everything stays 'normal'
im looking forward to having that 1-1 from the midwife as each one only has one lady, its also 24 visiting for my OH, which i like.
id not really thought of water as a 'pain relief' but as my MW said, about cutting your legs shaving in the bath, and how you dont feel it.
any way i feel like ive made the right choice with the birthing centre.!!

Congratulations on your decision Hels I'm sure you will have a lovely labour at the birth centre. 24 hour visiting that's cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back