Ive bought my gaviscon =]

Tegala-7thMarch08

Reaction score
i know this is a usless post but ive been having really bad heartburn everynight for a few weeks now and it takes me weeks 2 get things done lol but i finally bought my gaviscon n im going to test it out tonight... how sad am i lol

oh and it doesnt say but can i still take it when im also taking iron tablets???

Yeah its fine to take but they recommend u leave a couple of hours before & after the iron tablet so that the iron is absorbed properly, nothing major will happen if u have em together just means the iron wont work as well as it should do. :)

Im pretty sure you can take it with iron tablets. You dont need to pay for heartburn relief. Ask your midwife, she cant give you it but she can arrange a prescription for it. Its quite pricey.
Its not a benefits thing, you dont pay for prescriptions till a year after bean is born.

i gave up trying to make it to my next appt and just went out and bought it myself. the doctor wont see me untill jan anyways so i took it upon myself to releave my misery lol

thanks guys was a bit worrid about the whole iron thingy :hug:

eww i hate the stuff!!! :shakehead: You will find me about 3am in the morning eating ice cubes :rotfl: :rotfl:
I hope it works for you hun :hug: :hug:

ICE CUBEEEEEEEEES..!! :shock:
gimmmieeeeeeeeeeeeee.
im obsessed with them lately. every night i sit there in my pjs watching
tv munching on ice cubes mmmm. duno why i like them so much.!!!
yummy yum yum!

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I refuse that stuff with a passion, its gross and makes me totally ill

I've never tried it..I got desparate though and bought the peppermint chewable ones from Boots this morning, they've got to be better then the pink aniseed cr*p.. :puke:

You'll need tonnes of it!!! If that fails, try milk! (Kylie knows...although it seems like a lifetime ago now!)

They only had aniseed in local chemist when I got some, and the whole taste/texture of it makes me gag, :puke: but it does seem to relieve the heartburn for a bit!

ooo I'm hoping that's gonna be me...now that I got off my arse and bought the stuff I won't need it :D

Ive got a glass of milk atm, the prescription the doctor has given me is shit :talkhand: :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back