I've been to Hypnobirthing!

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been on a two day Hypnobirthing course and I just needed to tell you how fantastic it was!!! :cheer:

I was sooo scared about giving birth, but now I am so relaxed about the whole thing that I am going to opt for a natural birth. I am so impressed with the technique that I have even considered a home birth (although that wont happen because I am quite fat so they want to keep an eye on me in hospital :( ) Believe me....even just considering a home birth as an option is a massive shift in thought for me.

Basically the technique focuses on getting yourself into a very calm and relaxed state and breathing the baby down instead of pushing.

I just can't believe how relaxed and calm I feel about the whole thing, I am actually looking forward to my birthing day!! :cheer:

I would really encourage anyone to go to a class if you can (they are pricey though :( ), even if you intend on having pain relief etc, just because it helps you feel so calm and positive about the whole process.

id love to go , but weve just not got the cash , we gotta spend money on our car to be able to sell it :wall: very frustrating as i think this would really benefit me ,im a bit of a stress head u see !

I think I remember reading something about that, it sounds really good, but I don't think I'm the kind of person to stay calm..especially when pain is involved. I know that no matter how organised I am, when the big day comes I'm gonna be flapping about like a headless chicken..keeping calm will not be an option! Still it would be interesting to find out, I'm going to see what's on offer down here :)

for the folks who are worried about the cash, try some yoga classes. The relaxation sections and breathing methods they do really help with labour.

Im glad you found the classes helpfull.

Thats great that you feel so relaxed about it. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oooo Im glad you liked it hun! Im going too in a few weeks time, my Mum does it so Il be having sessions with her. Il need them too as they just told me they'll be in Italy around the time Im due, and knowing my luck baby will come late and all the family will be on holiday so Il need to be calm as poss LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back