I've been doing some reading

ScotchEgg

Reaction score
I bought the Zita West book about fertility issues and treatment last week and I have literally read it cover to cover this weekend. I've been quite scared about finding out about IVF but I feel a lot better now. I've got a folder full of printouts from all our tests and I was finally able to understand what they meant.

I feel much better informed about what IVF is and what we're going to be going through. I also feel quite reassured finding out that our age and my test results suggest we have the best possible chances of success.

It's the first book I've bought on the subject and I've found it really well written and easy to read. I also like the fact it's not totally prescriptive but talks about what you should aim for and alternatives. It made me laugh reading the bit about male issues (written to the man, which was good) and it said cut out alcohol but if you want some try red wine rather than beer...does that makes sense as a benefit - it felt like a real person talking to you.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it (although it's the only one I've even looked at so I don't know if it's the best) if any of you want to do some reading on what's coming up. It also has lots of information about loads of other fertility treatments other than IVF/ICSI.

I've had this book recommended to me several times.... (or if it isn't this exact book it's def the same author?)

Glad you found it useful

xxxxxxxx

Ive been doing a lot of reading at the moment too on IVF and IUI and ovulation induction. I bought lots of books from ebay for really cheap (including this one) as well. I agree with you it is a good insight into procedures etc. i find that the more Im am finding out and discovering the more 'at peace' Im feeling about the fertility issues I have. Ive picked up tips about ovulation that Im trying in my 6 month wait and feel as though I am still trying my best to overcome my problem and be proactive! Its convinced me I should be able to get my cycle back naturally. Ive just temporarily shut down either due to the mc ir possibly my weight loss!

I'd like to do some reading - what's the book called Scotch? xxx

It's zita west's guide to fertility and assisted conception

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back