iv noticed a lot of people...

mummy2be xx

Reaction score
Saying 20 week scan and found out we are team....
Those people who have. Did u actually ask or did they just say? Or did you see 'bits'. I thought you had to have a gender scan? We dont want to know thats y im asking

I already knew before my 20 week scan (genetic tests) so didn't ask, but at the 20 week scan this info wasn't volunteered and we weren't asked if we wanted to know.

They ask you if you want to know hun.

I had to ask - she said they dont mention it unless you ask as its not routine and they could be wrong - so it seems to be different at different hospitals. They wont tell you off their own backs so dont worry :) xx

With my son and this baby both sonograhpers asked if we wanted to know before the scan was started! We also had a 4d with my son and they asked then too if we wanted to know, so think they can avoid that area directly if you don't want to know. With my son though we wanted to know and it was good job coz he was proudly displaying his bits soon as the doppler went on me lol

We were asked if we wanted to know :), we said no then went for a half hour walk as bladder wasn;t full and then we changed our minds and said yes lol!!!

We thought we had seen something anyway and we were right :)

It was the first thing i asked as i was dying to know xxx

We were asked at the start if we wanted to know. We wouldn't have guessed - when they went to show us they really zoomed in on the area so we could see. That was right at the end of the scan - and they'd not done that when taking their other measurements. So we wouldn't have known otherwise!

I had to ask at both my scans but then both mine are girls so I'm wondering if i'd had a boy would
I have seen?

they never asked us at all, but im sure if we asked, the lady would of told us :) go team yellow!!

They asked prior to the scan and when they checked baby's genital area they asked us to look away from the screen x x

I had to ask at both my scans but then both mine are girls so I'm wondering if i'd had a boy would
I have seen?

OMG yes you know if it's a boy. Boy bits dangling everywhere lol

I knew this was a girl as she zoomed in coz there was no balls n willy!!

On our 4d scan she asked if we wanted it confirmed it was a boy and again he was displaying himself proudly and on the video there is the cursor arrow pointing back n forth at his boy bits. So funny lol

It's funny because at our scan yesterday, we said we didn't want to know but at no point did she say to look away or anything. She showed us loads of cross sections of the whole body down from the skull, through the stomach and bladder to the legs and feet and we saw nothing... nothing on the side views either. Ah well, at least it wasn't obvious either way. I didn't really try to look! But yeah, ask the sonographer not to tell or show you and they will do as you wish. x

I have stayed team yellow and I had two scans, one at 18 and a half weeks and one at exactly 20 weeks, at my private scan at 18 weeks she asked if I wanted to know and then avoided that area so we wouldnt see anything, at 20 weeks she didnt even ask and just took all the measurement and it I could hardly tell what anything was anyway!!! :) xxx

I have seen?

OMG yes you know if it's a boy. Boy bits dangling everywhere lol

I knew this was a girl as she zoomed in coz there was no balls n willy!!

On our 4d scan she asked if we wanted it confirmed it was a boy and again he was displaying himself proudly and on the video there is the cursor arrow pointing back n forth at his boy bits. So funny lol

Haha oh that's so cute and so typical of men to be proudly displaying his bits :)

I knew this was another girl when she wouldnt get in the right position....just like mummy & her big sister doesn't like to be told what to do :) my poor husband!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back