IUGR with first pregnancy.. Will it happen again?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with IUGR with their first pregnancy and then gone on to have an average size second baby?

My first was born at 37+4 because she was small and hadn't grown in at least a week. She was 4lbs 9 born.

From speaking to my midwife today she said it can or might not happen again. Use full! Lol. I will get growth scans and extra midwife appointments but I am just curious about other people's experiences.

Thanks! Xx

I've not necessarily been diagnosed with iugr strictly this pregnancy and it's my 3rd, my other 2 were fine. But I am currently in hospital at 37+5wks waiting to see if they are going to induce because baby is around the 7th percentile in weight and getting really reduced movements.

In reading up on it, it really is hit or miss whether it happens again. I've seen stories where it does and where it doesn't. But at least you know you will get extra growth scans to keep on eye on your little one xx

Aaww good luck Hun!
I hope everything goes well for you and baby.
Thank you for the info. Let me know how you get on x

Hey Hun I am getting extra growth scans and charted because my first little one was born under weight but he wasn't that under weight really. At least we get to see our babies more, hope it goes ok for you xx

Thanks Hun. How are things going so far? Is the baby measuring right?

Do you mind me asking what weight and gestation your first was please? Sorry just curious to see if both pregnancies are different for you. Thanks xx

Im not sure if my friend had IUGR in her first pregnancy, but she had her little girl at 39wks only weighing 4lb 10oz, shes now 8yrs old, perfectly healthy and not much smaller than friends in her class.

She went on to have another little girl 5 weeks ago. 8 days overdue and weighed 7lb 5oz :) xx

Last edited:
Thank you :) that sounds promising xx

I was induced on Tuesday afternoon and baby was born at 7:08pm weighing 6lb 1oz and on the 8th centile. So a pretty good weight considering, he was estimated at being 5lb 11oz the day before. He is being classed as small for gestational age rather than iugr as his growth was steady and didn't stop. Although he could of done it he stayed put xx

Aaww congrats kanga!! That was a quick induction!! I hope you and baby are well! Really please for you :) xx

Thanks Hun. How are things going so far? Is the baby measuring right?

Do you mind me asking what weight and gestation your first was please? Sorry just curious to see if both pregnancies are different for you. Thanks xx

Measured great on 12 week scan will see on 20 week scan end of the month. He wasn't that small really 6lb 2oz and then dropped to 5lb 10oz. I found out after the pregnancy I was really anemic so that could have had something to do with it.

Things are great with me how are you xx

That's good :) hopefully baby will be a perfect weight this time. Aaww bless, I loved having a smaller baby to be fair. It meant I had a newborn for ages haha when my daughter was 10 weeks old people were still asking me if i had just had her.

I've always been anaemia, on and off. So it's funny you should say that!

I'm good thanks :) the worst part seems to be over, thank god!! I've not been sick in a while and I'm feeling a little better. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back