It's only 6am here in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by bunglebaby, Jul 14, 2005.

1. bunglebaby

bunglebaby Member

Hi everyone

I am new here! I am a brit living in New Zealand and feeling very lonely this morning it's only 6am and as has been usual for the last 3 weeks I have been up since the crack of dawn. I am 7 weeks and sleeping problems and a bit of cramp seem to be my thing at present. Thought you would all still be up in Blighty and maybe I could find some people to chat to.

Anyone else absolutely terrified!?! i know i am!!!!!!

2. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

Hey hows thingsover there. Yepdnt wry im always worried, constantlt thinking of different things to go wrong. My sleeping pattern to is also messsed up, i find myself waking at stupid hrs ne ting between 4 and 7 in the morn and then tryin to force myself to sleep, but never can so end up sleepin in the afternoon.

Ohh congrats on ur preganancy by the way, if ya eva wanna chat im usualy around, so jus pm me let me know ur around and we can chat if ya wan.

bec x x

3. bunglebaby

bunglebaby Member

Hi bec

thanks so much for replying, been a gorgeous day here in Auckland today, really sunny for winter. I did loads of childrens theatre in Wales, lovely part of the country still. My hubby and I moved out here three years ago.

Got my first bout of morning sickness in the middle of the afternoon completely out of the blue! Love the tickers and banners everyone has so i am having a go, so excuse if i don't manage it, i am not terribly computer literate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

Ohhhh morning sickness, lucky me,i think i had a lucky escape didnt suffer much morning sickness, wen i did was normall in the nights.

And ur tickers have turned out lovely, shud have seen mine wen i first attemted a go, it kept sayin i shud have had my baby a year ago, lol. Me and computers dnt go all that well either.

bec x x

5. mdmcholet

mdmcholet Member

Hi,

I am originally from Auckland, but live in Sydney now and about to move to England in a few months!

I am 35, my husband is 31 - we got married in April.

I have all day sickness! no vomiting tho thank goodness, it got much better once i stopped wearing purfume to work (put it on automatically and wondered why I sat at my desk all day looking green :)

Cheers

6. Loupy Aussie

Loupy Aussie Member

Hi!

I am from Australia, but living in New Zealand and moving to England (confidentially - my work doesn't know so I can get maternity leave) in March 2006 (married to an Englishman!).

I experienced the all day nausea too and although I expected it to leave after the first three months, it hung around for a couple more weeks and then one day I realised it was gone! It helps if you snack so you don't get too hungry coz that makes it worse.

I am currently going through stage of waking up around 2am and staying awake for 2-3 hours! Luckily a qualified aromatherapist at my work came up with a mixture that is okay for pregnancy use and when I wake up (usually to go to the toilet), I put a bit under my nose or on my pillowcase (so I can smell it) and I drift right off to sleep again! Its a life saviour as I work full time and was starting to feel like I was going to fall asleep at my desk!

Oh well, hope that helps if it is still a problem. Congrats to you all on your pregnancy!

Cheers