It's official....

umbongo

Reaction score
I've put on a stone! :-/ I know it's normal but it's scary seeing the scales...I've been avoiding them but thought I'd better man up! Eeeek!
Clothes still fit apart from where my bump is so don't feel like I've ballooned, but it's a scary thing seeing the scales go up your nearly 10 stone when I've been under 9 stone all my life (apart from one chunky year :p ). I hope I can lose it all after.
14 ish weeks left so more doubt it'll go up a lot more!!! Yikes! Xx

well done on being brave. I'm not going near the scales until after the birth. I was packing for a flight last week and decided to risk paying the excess weight in the baggage rather than stepping on the scales to weigh my bag lol x

I'm pleased that they weigh me in KG at the midwife's as I have no idea how heavy I am! Ignorance is bliss x

1 stone is fine but i know what you mean scary!

I always put on 1.5 stone and one time 2 stone ( i was 0.5 stone under my normal weight before preg) and put on 2 stone intotal, think this is happening this time as was 0.5 stine less than normal and ive put that back already at just 15 weeks.

Dont worry umbongo, as long as your sensible , with the above weight gain im usually left with about 10 lbs after burth to shift,and dont forget boobs contributes to weight too!!

Ah yes, my boobs have grown a bit. My hips are only about an inch bigger so it's not desperately bad. Just that my hubby's ex piled it on when she's had hers and she never lost it. He used to tell me about it when we first chatted (we were friends first ) So it is scary to gain weight as I don't want him to think I'm going to be the same.
He always reassures me etc but you know what we ladies are like about our bodies...

I passed the one stone mark at the weekend too. I know what you mean about seeing the numbers on the scales go up - although mine is the first I've been over 11 stone so I'm a bit porkier than you Umbongo! I think I've got off quite lightly (no pun intended) so far as I have been eating A LOT - I'm sure it's going to catch up with me eventually! Hopefully we'll have a nice late summer so we can get out and about and walk it all off after babies are born! :)

lol

Im only 18weeks and I have already put on 1 stone but Im not worried about this at all . My mum says I have never looked healthier :) Its mainly my bump, boobs and upper legs that have become bigger but loving it. The only thing Im really disliking is being super pale as the weather is great just now but I have missed all the sun by the time I finish work and fake tan doesn't look nice on my skin due to my dry skin and eczema and I stopped using the sunbeds when I became pregnant and wouldn't use one during my pregnancy :( x

1 stone?? Stop your whining haha!

I've whacked on 3 stone now... people keep saying its all bump but I feel like a whale :( waaaahhhh

you'll lose the extra weight really easy :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back