It's official....

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by umbongo, May 20, 2013.

1. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I've put on a stone! :-/ I know it's normal but it's scary seeing the scales...I've been avoiding them but thought I'd better man up! Eeeek!
    Clothes still fit apart from where my bump is so don't feel like I've ballooned, but it's a scary thing seeing the scales go up your nearly 10 stone when I've been under 9 stone all my life (apart from one chunky year :p ). I hope I can lose it all after.
    14 ish weeks left so more doubt it'll go up a lot more!!! Yikes! Xx

2. Vickimo

Vickimo Well-Known Member

well done on being brave. I'm not going near the scales until after the birth. I was packing for a flight last week and decided to risk paying the excess weight in the baggage rather than stepping on the scales to weigh my bag lol x

3. Kimmyj_b

Kimmyj_b Well-Known Member

I'm pleased that they weigh me in KG at the midwife's as I have no idea how heavy I am! Ignorance is bliss x

4. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

1 stone is fine but i know what you mean scary!

I always put on 1.5 stone and one time 2 stone ( i was 0.5 stone under my normal weight before preg) and put on 2 stone intotal, think this is happening this time as was 0.5 stine less than normal and ive put that back already at just 15 weeks.

Dont worry umbongo, as long as your sensible , with the above weight gain im usually left with about 10 lbs after burth to shift,and dont forget boobs contributes to weight too!!

5. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Ah yes, my boobs have grown a bit. My hips are only about an inch bigger so it's not desperately bad. Just that my hubby's ex piled it on when she's had hers and she never lost it. He used to tell me about it when we first chatted (we were friends first ) So it is scary to gain weight as I don't want him to think I'm going to be the same.
    He always reassures me etc but you know what we ladies are like about our bodies...

6. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I passed the one stone mark at the weekend too. I know what you mean about seeing the numbers on the scales go up - although mine is the first I've been over 11 stone so I'm a bit porkier than you Umbongo! I think I've got off quite lightly (no pun intended) so far as I have been eating A LOT - I'm sure it's going to catch up with me eventually! Hopefully we'll have a nice late summer so we can get out and about and walk it all off after babies are born! :)

7. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

lol

Im only 18weeks and I have already put on 1 stone but Im not worried about this at all . My mum says I have never looked healthier :) Its mainly my bump, boobs and upper legs that have become bigger but loving it. The only thing Im really disliking is being super pale as the weather is great just now but I have missed all the sun by the time I finish work and fake tan doesn't look nice on my skin due to my dry skin and eczema and I stopped using the sunbeds when I became pregnant and wouldn't use one during my pregnancy :( x

8. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

1 stone?? Stop your whining haha!

I've whacked on 3 stone now... people keep saying its all bump but I feel like a whale :( waaaahhhh

you'll lose the extra weight really easy :) xx