It's Official, I have PCOS!! What next?

lja

Reaction score
After a year of ttc with one period and one miscarriage, I finally went to the doctors about a month ago. Had blood tests, an examination and today I had a ultrasound!

The technician didn't tell me much as she didn't analyse the results properly so I need to go to my GP for a full report of results but she's currently on holiday for two weeks! Yay! :wall2:
But basically what she did tell me was I have PCOS, and I have a cyst on my right ovary, just the one though and that it should go away on its own? She didn't say anything about the left one.

Does anyone have any advice/information about what will happen next?
I don't know if I'll have to have more tests, surgery, drugs? I just don't know.

Any advice or experiences would be extremely helpful!

Many thanks

Welcome to the club! I was put on metformin. If you're not having regular periods, they'll probably give you that and clomid. It's good you've not got many cysts! Mine are only on my left ovary.

I'm also taking cinnamon, chromium and myo-inositol along with maca tablets as I find they help my cycle.

Good luck xx

Just one cyst would seem odd for pcos. Usually you need 10+ to be diagnosed with pco. However they do come and go and this can happen in a short space of time. I've always had multiple cysts on both ovaries every time I've been scanned.

After I was told I had pcos absolutely nothing happened at all. We were already referred to the fertility clinic and I had to have another more detailed ultrasound to confirm pco. I wasn't given any medication or any further information. I was eventually given clomid and I have since talked my gp into letting me try metformin as lots of ladies here seem to have had success with it.

A low GI diet has shown to be beneficial for pco ladies, plus the supplements phonix mentions above. Try to go low sugar, switch to whole milk rather than skimmed, whole grains also good. Be careful with fruit, I find I'm better if I only eat fruit in the mornings and stay off it at night.

I have PCOS but have never had any cysts (that I know of). My ovaries Look different & appear fuzzy on scans. I could have small cysts though! You'll need to wait for a gynaecology appointment to see what happens next but it depends on your NHS trust mostly I think.

Thanks everyone!

I just want to get things kickstarted but if I had to go for more tests I'm guessing I'll have to wait a bit longer for Clomid ect? Obviously I'll have to wait until my doctors back to get the full set of results but I'm the most impatient person you will ever meet!

Thanks everyone!

I just want to get things kickstarted but if I had to go for more tests I'm guessing I'll have to wait a bit longer for Clomid ect? Obviously I'll have to wait until my doctors back to get the full set of results but I'm the most impatient person you will ever meet!

I don't think your GP can prescribe clomid. You will need to see a consultant and have further testing done first I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back