It's my decision!!!

Lauren92

Reaction score
Earlier today my mum came over to see me and everything was fine until she started talking about the 20 week scan, and saying she was so excited to find out whether I was having a boy or a girl.

I said that we actually don't want to know with this one, and then she started going on about "oh you have to know!" "how will you know what colour clothes to buy!?" "I found out with you!" :mad:

She just won't accept I want to wait until the birth. Why can't she just let me and my husband decide what we want to do with MY pregnancy ? :cry:

Sorry for ranting on here, but it really upset me.

all mums are like this....they get too excited and things just slip out...dont take it to heart hon x

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll calm down and realise she over reacted. it's not a big deal that you want to wait so hopefully she'll get over it lol

:hug:

Do what you and your hubbie want to Hun. My mil was desperate for is to find out but I stuck to my guns and stayed team yellow xxx

I have the same with my MIL but the other way round! We wanted to know at our 20 week scan and she had a duck fit at the thought of us finding out. We did find out, but she doesn't want to know so now we r startin nursery and buying things she is creating because she can't look at any of it. I feel like screaming out saying its our decision!!
Do what makes you happy - its YOUR baby xx

Im with everyone else its definately your choice and only your choice and your hubbys.
I did find out and my family were like " why do you want to do that"
I eventually said i want to find out and be prepared so like it or lump it so to speak x

Stick to your guns hon, it's your baby and your decision. And you'll all know the sex eventually anyway! I think parents get a bit over-excited at times which is nice but a bit over bearing!

My mum doesn't want to know if we find out but u think it will be hard to keep from her but if that's her wish we'll try to do that. We stayed team yellow when pg with my ds but just to be able to get organised I think we might find out this time!!

Thanks to my husband things are OK again.

He got me to phone my mum and she said she was sorry and it was my decision after all.

Now that I look back on it maybe I overreacted, I don't know...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back