Its all new and Scary - Lisa from Leicester!

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Been reading all the messages all last night and today so thought I would post one (been in the chat room which looks good too)

I am only 5 wks - so feels all so new and a long way off yet! Found out last Friday.

Glad to read from some of the postings that its normal to feel moody, tearful, etc etc.... thought I was the only one - am really excited (so's hubby too - still a bit of a surprise though! - one minute I was at work - doing a report, two hours later Im in the doctors talking about midwives and due dates!!!) Bizzare but good! Found it a surprise because had really bad cramps and thought I was about to have my usual period anytime now - since being on here I see it is a normal sympton!!!??

You all seem really nice so I hope I get a post back!

Cheers.

Hi Lisa welcome to the site :D Is this your first baby? CONGRATULATIONS to you !! :D

Hi Sami

Yes it is - just been on the chat room - waiting for my bath to go tepid - is it normal to be this paranoid??!!!

Also mad with myself cos I cant stop smoking - keep having a go everyday but it just isnt happening. Been balling down at the docs today like a pratt!

Guess Im just so excited, but scared that something will go wrong as well.......would kill for a glass of wine! lol

Hi Lisa,

welcome and congratulations! :D

its a great site and can almost garuntee any worries,aches or anything someone will be able to put your mind at rest and help you out. We are all in same boat!

look after yourself and your new bump!
xxxx
sarah
xxxx

I am unfortuately still smoking so dont be too hard on yourself. I'm sur you will be able to kick the habit soon enough.

It's normal and normal can be to be paranoid! Especially with a first! Your bath should be okie - doesn't need to be that cold to get in - as long as it's not boiling!! If it turns your skin red - it's too hot - bout don't stress yourself too much :)

Pregnancy is fun eh x

Nice to get your post

How far are you into it? sorry if not using the right words etc!! this is all new to me!

Its funny, I darent even push the hoover round or anything (well thats my excuse!) just feel worried about the first 3 months - like everyone I guess! just hope it gets easier - I have learned so much on this forum (sometimes I think too much!!!) I really want a bump now!!!!!!!!!

L x

Hey congratualtions hun, hope you and your bump to be are happy and healthy. I know what you mean about the trying to give up smoking thing, I am finding it so hard, and feel so guilty when I lhave a sneaky fag. As for feeling paranoid I used to think that I was the onlt one, I used to constantly think about different things that could go wrong, I still do actually, I just try to be less carm, cos apparently its pretty normal to get paranoid, so you are not on your own there.
Hope to speak to you again, and keep us updated.

bec and bump to be x x x

Thanks all - your all making me feel a bit better already

Works the worst - Im dying to tell everyone but darent yet! whats the norm to tell them? Thought about waiting till 3 months has gone......not sure I can though - too excited!

L x

I told parents and in laws the same day and close friends gradually. Most ppeople I know have found out one way or another already - but I've had my '12 week scan' at 11 weeks and everything is fab so we can now tell the world!! :D

Just tell whoever you like when you feel ready - some say wait till 12 weeks in case of something unfortuanate happening, but I told parents as I knew their support would be benificial either way.

Yeah I know what you mean I havent told ne one in wrk yet, but plan on telling my boss tomorow, only so I can get time off when I need it and for safety etc etc, dont actaully now when I plan on coming out to all my colleauges tho, I think that will be scary.

bec x x

Hi Bec and Bump'

Probably not the 'done' thing but seeing your from South Wales reminded me of my ex - he was from the Rhonnda Valleys!

L x

Perhaps it is best to tell people early - I have told my mum and close family and a few close friends - I always think you'll need the support either way because people will know something is up if your not 'yourself'

I reckon I will be addicted to this if I give up smoking (if only!)

L x

I hope reminding me of ypur ex, didnt bring bad thoughts, lol :lol: .
I cant wait till everyone knows, close family and friends know, but I think with the rest they will gradually find out in thier own ways.

God Im so tempted to have a cig *gives herself a smack on the hand for even considering it* :oops:

bec and bump to be x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back