IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER....

hayley

Reaction score
Hi

It's all coming together at last.... the ovualtion pains... a positive result on ovualtion stick.... the egg whites..... and DH and I had a fight! Sods bloody law.....

I've never in my life had the egg white mucus... i was worried that maybe i don't make it... but i've been on the medicine for 3 days now and i've got loads of egg white's... (sorry) but i'm so happy... feel like a woman at last! Little things make me happy...

Got a positive on my ovulation stick last nite so told DH tonight is the nite.... we opened a bottle of wine... got comfortable on the couch snuggled together.... I leaned over to kiss him and knocked his RED wine over him! He was wearing his one and only good white tee (every tee has red wine stains) why did he have to put his last good tee on to sit around the house???? MEN! so he has a moan at me and I got upset and stormed out!!!!! He ended up in the spare room!

I hope it's not too late.. i've still got loads of egg whites... He is working nites tonight so i'm finishing work early (told them i've got a dental appointment) i'm gonna catch him before he leaves the house for work! Hopefully we'll make up with some good BD today and a little more sat morning... Fingers crossed it works.

Good luck to anyone else trying.

Aww, bless Hayley. You're not having much luck are you hun?

Tonight should be fine though. Remember, some people actually recommend only BD every other day. So that would mean that if you missed last night, tonight would be the night!

Very good news on the egg white. As you know, I have a holiday booked in May of next year. I would be very very happy if I had to cancel it due to a BFP, but we aren't as actively trying this month. I haven't used ovulation sticks, and not been monitoring anything and we have BD as and when we feel like it. If I don't get pg in the next couple of months, I'll definitely be trying the cough medicine.

Don't get the red wine out tonight!!!

Aww, sorry to laugh but that's a funny story - only because it's the kind of thing that would happen to me. Good luck for tonight!

I hate cough medicine but I think I might need to try it. I'm using ovulation sticks for the first time this month and I'm on day 17 of my cycle and have been testing since last Sunday but no positive test yet. Yikes! Maybe I'm not ovulating at all. :( Even my cervical fluid isn't indicating ovulation either.....

I know it's quite possible that I ovulate late in my cycle but I'm feeling really anxious now. I'm going to start charting as well from next month just so I can find out what exactly is happening with my cycle.

Hi

well... we've spoken now and we're okay! i'm rushing home from manchester to liverpool to catch him before he leaves for work at 4pm. We should have enough time for a quicky..... here's where i get pulled by the police for speeding and locked up for the nite..... he he he

Bagpuss I didn't detect ovulation on my sticks the first time is used them... Don't know why! might have been the pill coming out of my system.. but i do now so fingers crossed you start to get a positive soon!

tell me about it Tankett.... luck just isn't on my side! not leaving anything to chance any more! I'm taking my temp every morning, peeing on sticks every evening, taking medicine twice a day, popping vits like sweets.... just need the sperm now! You've become really relaxed about trying....wish i could.

How long did it take in months before you did start to get a result from the sticks? From reading about what type of cervical fluid is fertile, I know that in the past I have been producing the right type of fluid. Normally I have a lot of cervical fluid but I seem to be very dry this month. It's all very frustrating.

I've been off the pill for a year and my periods are regular but the cycle length varies each month.

i've been off the pill a year this month too! i used ovulation sticks for the first time in Jan. I used clear blue and didn't get a positive result at all. So i thought maybe i don't ovulate or maybe the pill was still in my system. My periods where a regualr cycle as soon as i came off the pill so i didn't understand why i wasn't ovulating. I decided to not try ovulation sticks again for a few more months - to get the pill out my system first! I only started using them again recently and i've been getting a positive result around day 10 to 11 of my cycle. I always get white thick CM but i never get the egg white CM that is described in the books. I put that down to the reason why i wasn't becoming pregnant. I heard about cough medicine helping your mucus become runnier (sorry that sounds horrible) so this is the first time i've tried it and it seems to have worked. I nearly started crying when i noticed the egg whites.... (happy crying) Keep trying with the ovulation sticks each month... i read that we don't always ovulate every month...

Thanks for your reply Hayley, that's interesting....I think we should just BD anyway, you never know.....I'll keep using the sticks just to see if I do eventually get a positive test this month. I've bought lots off ebay to keep me going for a while.

Hi Hayley, just a quick note to wish you good luck!!!
Happy BDing!! :lol: :wink:
I think I'll be trying that next month If I don't get a positive this month, let's hope I don't need to.
Sam xx

awww hayley sounds like u been in a bit of a pickle hun hope you have a better night tnite than last night good luck hun xxxx

Hi Hayley,

what a fun time of it you are having.. I had a little chuckle reading your shinnanagans!! [dodgy spelling?] It doesn't always go to plan eh!?

Just to say good luck with the BD'ing.. you will have a couple of days so don't worry.. hide all the red wine and white tee shirts and have a jolly good session! and then another tomorrow and even Sunday.. you can BD even on Ovulation day!!

Have fun and keep us posted...
xx

Hi Bagpuss

I know what you're going through on the ovulation stick thing. This is my first month and I got to day 22 before I gave up.

I've also been charting this month, but my temperature has been sky high all month, none of this low then a spike, then high that people talk about. God knows what's going on.

I think this month is a non-starter. I'm hoping that knowing that I haven't ovulated won't let me work myself up that I might be PG if I'm late. Lets hope I have better luck next month (month 10 of TTC).

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the charting thing.

Helen

I have heard that if you have atleast 18 days of steady high temps that means you are preg... Not trying to get hopes up since you havn't been charting for long but that is what i heard, so maybe this is you month and that is why you havn't ovulated. Crossing my fingers for you

Big storm of baby dust.

Hi Helen,

You have my sympathy, we're going through the same turmoil. I know for sure I have had the signs of ovulation in the past when I wasn't TTC. It's just typical. I will keep testing just out of curiosity to see if I get a positive result.

I did chart for a three months at the start of the year but having compared my charts with those in the book "Taking Control of your fertility" it doesn't look good. Mine are all over the place, I'm struggling to work out the coverline. I'm going to invest in a fertility monitor that charts it for you. I'll be interested to see the outcome of that.

I ordered a stack load of ovulation tests from EBAY yesterday, which at this rate will only keep me going for two cycles instead of 4/5 like they should!!

My sister conceived on her 2nd month of trying, it's so unfair. :(

Hi

a little update.... well i finished work early on Fri and rushed home.... got stuck in the school traffic but did manage to get home 15 min's before DH was ready to leave for work.... so we managed a quicky.... and that was it! i had a few too many drinks fri nite and paid for it all day sat! so we never managed to get up to any more BDing!so fingers crossed.. our quick passionate fri afternoon session works....

Good luck to everyone else trying!
x

Hi there, :D
Ive not posted for a while, me and DH have been trying for 7 months and i have never had EWCM! I log on and everyone is raving about this sainsburys own cough medicine! Im gonna get me a big bottle at lunchtime :):):)

Does anyone n=know if this ingredient in the medicine is found anywhere else? I feel a bit worried taking medicine when i dont need it.

Kind regards Amy.

Hi Amy

I wouldn't worry too much about taking the medicine because you may only need to take it for 2 or 3 days. Be careful when buying a bottle of cough medicine because many medicines have something to dry up your mucus instead of making it runny. My nose was like a tap after taking the sainsburys one.

Good luck.... oh and it tastes awful!

x

Hope you managed to catch the little fishies in time Hayley, only need one to be swimming in the right direction!!
I can totally sympathise with you Bagpuss, this is the second month I have been using the opk and I'm not sure if they are working for me?! I have detected a positive result both months, but just out of nosiness, tested again last week when I would have long since ovulated and still got a positive?? I am the regular 28 day cycle (although 2 days late so far - done test and bfn :( ) so don't know what my body is playing at. Gonna try charting next month and the cough medicine, I have cm but doesn't seem to be as much as everyone else describes (sorry if tmi). Good luck to any other frustrated ttc'ers!!

You are right Hayley, that cough medicine is foul!!!
Oh well if is gonna help the little swimmers :lol:

Amy.

Hi, Im new to this ovulating business and may sound thick but I am producing a lot of egg white substance but it is thick like me!!! Didnt know if it was just me being horny or ovulation? We just do it when we feel like it but think I will have to get those sticks now. Are they expensive?
Nic xxx

Hi Nic

I have been using Clear Blue Ovulation Sticks, I think you get 7 in a pack and they are about £20 - so not cheap!! If you are lucky you won't need to use the whole 7 so may have some left over for the following month!!

Good Luck Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back