"It's all ahead of you!"

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hmmm has anyone got any idea when people STOP saying that to you?

When we got engaged, people would look at me like a puppy that's just done something cute, smile, shake their heads and say "It's all ahead of you" in a rueful tone.

People said it when we got married.

People said it when I got pregnant.

When we had Naomi, I thought, hey, people will probably not say this any more because...well we've a little daughter now. We're here.

I met a woman whose son went to college last October the other day. She shook her head, looked at Naomi, and said...

you've guessed it!

Of course it's all ahead of me! I wouldn't have it any other way!

It would be terrible if things were all BEHIND me, wouldn't it?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Sue

Lol!! You're so right I'm sick of it too! It's one of those things I'm vowing never to say- along with "enjoy it while you can" and "get some rest, you'll need it" to women in the third tri!

+++

It gets better though because people that say things like "oh wow you've got lots of work now you don't know what you're in for" I can say, well, actually I have a son already so I do know and I can't wait!

oh that really bugs me!

an another thing - once we had had our first scan and were telling people outside the family, like woprk colleagues and stuff - the amount of times people ask " was it planned" or "was it a shock" - well i didnt look shocked did i? - big stoopid grin from ear to ear whilst telling ya!! :roll:

oooh- just imagine, in 25 years time we get to turn into these people! heheheheheh - in fact 25 years is probably a bit far fetched - i can already hear my mum come put of my mouth when i speak sometimes!! oh-no! hehehehe :lol:

I really hate it too.

Especially when the very next person that speaks to you, asks you if you are excited and you aren't becuase you've just been put off the whole thing by someone else!

I have started to actually get quite grumpy with people now, with all their irritating comments about what a nightmare my life will be when I am a mum. Its a bit bloody late to change my mind now! :roll:

I have been saying that to people now I know whats it's like lol - only joking!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back