Its A ...........

weestar21

Reaction score
Hi all :D

well as most of you knew i was having a bit of a time being pregnant with my second baby all i seemd to do was moan, well the moaning paid off as i was booked in to be induced on monday 20/3/06 at 8pm.

Got to teh hospital on monday night bang on time with no pains or anything and all that i was thinking was this isnt going to work (boy was i wrong) 10pm i got my gel in and by 25past 10 i was contracting every 4 minutes nothing to bad but i could just bear the pain and no more, so i was left for the night and to be examined in teh morning. I couldnt sit stand or sleep so i tried my best to just walk around the room so that they would get stronger.

8am 21/3/06 midwife came in to break my waters OMG was so weird. I was told to go have breakfast before they could put the drip in so hers me walking down to the day room feeling like a 90 yr old incontenent (sp :eek:s) old woman who couldnt stop leaking...lol anyway it was fun..lol

10am came and i got the drip in ok i will be honest to all of you being induced isnt any fun i honestly say its 10 times worse and more painfull than going into labor on your own!! 11am and the contractions were comming fast and hard i had to take gas and air i couldnt cope any longer and i wasnt due to be examined till 2pm, so the midwife just examined me anyway and i was 8 cm dilated and my partner wasnt even at the hospital yet..lol

The called him in and he got to the hospital at 12 i think not to sure but i was so scared i didnt think this baby was ever going to come out i couldnt sit on the bed i was bent over it i was in the loo i was on all 4's basiclly i was a pain in the bum cos i could do anything...lol

well im pretty sure it was 12.20 and i couldnt hold back any longer i had to push, but nothing was comming but teh pains were so bad i was really giving up i just couldnt go on.

12.45 and im giving it all ive got and nothing i was starting to get worried that baby was stuck but they kept telling me i would be fine to just concentrate on pushing.

1.30 was really weak and just couldnt focus on anything i pushed and pushed but everytime i pushed baby would come so far and go back again and we both were getting stressed.

2pm finally i was getting some where i couldnt tell you how i managed it but i got this burst of energy and just had to get this baby out after a few really hard pushes head came out with the cord very tight around babys neck. 3 more pushes that seemed like forever apart and baby was out. I couldnt believe i deliverd a beutiful baby girl weighing 6lbs 8 oz luckily i didnt tare wich i thought i would have done.

i got an injection to make the after birth come but unfortunatly it wasnt working the after birth was still attatched to my insides and the seconds felt like hours i was beggining to panic as they just couldnt get it out. I herd them saying i would have to go into theatre to have it removed so i paniced and pushed so blooming hard i bled very heavily BUT the afterbirth came away..lol (i know im an ideot) anyway the bleeding wasnt that bad and both me and baby were fine.

We named her Colby Chalmers i still cant get pictures up on here for some reason but if any of you would like to see her my msn addy is [email protected] add me as ive got some pics of us all on there.

sorry its so long hope i aint put any of you off but every second of that pain is a lifetime of pleasure when you hold your baby for that first second :D

Thankyou all for such great support and advice during my pregnancy but im so glad its all over with and i can look to the future with my new complete family.

love and hugs to you all

Jean

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done Jean, im so happy for you :D and all the best to our wee Colby. :D :D

well done. so happy for u x x

welcome to the world Colby Chalmers :dance:

Yay, congratulations hun on the birth of little Colby, i've been thinking of you and wondering how things went. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nicki.x :D

:dance: Congratulations Jean,and welcome to little Colby :dance:
Bagpuss xx

what a story!!!
glad you are both doing well, Congrats and welcome to the world Colby!
:dance:

mel xx

YAY, was wondering what baby was and she is a beautiful girl. Congratulations hun and hello to Colby Chambers. Looking forward to seeing pics xxxxxx

:dance: :dance: YYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :dance: :dance:

Spoke to you earlier hun, but congrats again!!! So pleased for you, and she's GORGEOUS!!!

Hugs n kisses to all ....

Love Imi
xxx

Oh Jean what an amazing story!!!!! Welcome to the world Colby!!! It truly is something special when you think you can't do it anymore and then pow all of a sudden something comes over you and you get this powerful feeling that completely takes over you and you do what you thought you would never be able to do!!!! Boy it sounds like you delivering the afterbirth was like having another child!!!! :shock:

I am soooo glad to hear everything is ok and I can't wait to see pics!!!! It sounds like she was a perfect weight which is great not to big not to small!!! Well Done :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

OK, you beat me and now it is my turn!!!!!!! :twisted: :wink:

xoxo Ree

well ree all i can say was YES that fecking after birth was like having a second baby and i can say for sure now that there will be no more baby chalmers running around sorry but from having a pre term baby to having to be induced wouldnt like to find out what would be next...lol

Hehehehehehe hahahaha ree told you it wouldnt be fair if you had yours before mine :wink:

Thasnkyou all for the kind words been so lovely reading up on all the welcome notes for colby im still trying to get pics on here but still having no luck :(

anyway catch you all soon

love and hugs and hurry up all you march babies we want to see you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i LOVE HER NAME totally and utterly love it

i am so glad she is here and i have added u to msn to see the piccies :dance: :dance:

congratulation Hun,

Welcome to the world Colby :D :D :D :D

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know it wouldn't be fair!!! :shakehead: But I sure as hell would've liked it!!!! :wink:

I'm with you on the not having anymore kids!!!! :wall: I wouldn't be able to handle another pregnancy even close to this!!! :shock:

I wanna see pics be sure to send me some!!!!!

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back