Its a BFP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by petchy, Jun 1, 2005.

1. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

OMG i just did a test (at work - i couldn't wait!) and there is most definitely TWO lines!!!!! it's a BFP!!!! i am shaking and my face is flushed!! I cannot beieve it, thoughts are running through my head - what have i done? what will people say? am i really ready or did i just think i was? I'm happy, excited and scared stiff all at the same time!!!!!

my last period was 28th April, so let's see.. 40 weeks from then is... first week in february!!! anyone else due about then and want to share experiences and help combat any fears?

2. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :D :D :D It's a brilliant feeling isn't it!

I'm due in a few weeks, so it's a bit of a distant memory to me at the moment.

Good luck with everything.

xxx

3. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

aww.. thanks blossom and good luck with the next few weeks! it must be so exciting knowing that you'll have your baby very soon!

i'm a bit scared actually, i know it sounds funny but i'm scared in case my parents are not happy about it!! i'm 24 and have a loving partner of 5 1/2 years so it is silly i know! think the fact that my mum and dad live so far away (they live in norway) makes it worse, can't help but think they might be disappointed i didn't wait a couple of years until i moved closer to them again. it's just me being irrational!

4. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

Congratulations Petchy.

My last period was 27th April and i have been given EDD of 28th January.

Take Care

xx

5. sharonvardy

sharonvardy Active Member

:D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS....

Sharon

6. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Hi Petchy,

Didn't you love the lines appearing! I had been trying for only 3 months I did a test every month (even when i knew my period was due the next day) Then a very strong second line appeared Whooo ohhhhh! Did about 8 test (I know the doctor thought it was funny and didn't give me another one to try :cry: ) I told my hubby and when we got home I could find the one of the tests
    (It turned out that one of my kittens at carried it down stairs and it was under the sofa! down two flights of stairs) Thought I was mad!

Due on the 3rd of Jan (Maybe a new year or xmas baby - atleast I can eat alot at christmas and blame being pregnant!!!! Cheeky! :D

7. lexie

lexie Member

Congratulations.
    :D

my husband was so proud. we didn't tell anyone for ages but you could tell by the way he walked round with this "i'm a real man" look on his face!!!!

8. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

well, i'm still not quite used to the idea, keep getting severe butterflies whenever i think about it! it's like before your most important job interview ever - and i suppose in a way it is, for the position of being a mother! :shock:

i am going to tell my parents today. i would have liked to do it face to face, but my parents live in norway and i live in the uk so it's not really practical. i don't think i can manage to keep it a secret until i go to visit at the end of july! sounds really silly but i'm nervous about telling them, as i'm not sure what their reactions are going to be.. i'll be sh*tting myself before i make the call - have NO idea how i'm going to break the news so any ideas (before 5pm uk time please!!!) would be very much appreciated!!! HELP!

have booked my first appointment to see the GP for 9am on monday. it's really gonna make it seem real then i think! even more HELP!! can't believe i'm so nervous, and especially about telling my parents! pathetic isn't it??

9. HayleyB

HayleyB Well-Known Member

Hiya!
    My last period was the 28th March but i had a scan last week cos i was poorly and they said that i was only 5 weeks, so we're guessing my due date is the last week in January (we've not got a clue really!!!)
    I'm still so excited, and still get butterflies thinking about it, and I was terrified about telling my parents too, luckily for me they were working abroad at the time, so i rang them and told them, it gave them a week to calm down before they came home!!!!!

I'm looking forward to my next scan next week to check if the baby has grown! Maybe then i'll relax and let it become real!!!!

Congratulations!!!

xxxx

10. HayleyB

p.s... i can't offer any advice on how to tell the parentals, i just blurted it out mid sentence, although i did ask mum if she was sitting down first!!!

xxx

11. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

thanks tou you all for your kind posts!

hayley - i think i'm just going to blurt it out too, it's about the only thing i can do - if i postpone it mum's going to hear from my voice that something's up anyway!! :D i'm looking forward to telling my little sis though. she's 19 and has been asking when she is going to become an aunty for over a year now!! she'll be over the moon, so hopefully her reaction will rub off on my parents if they're not happy straight away!

12. HayleyB

My younger brother is 20 and when i told him that we'd gotten engaged earlier this year he'd said "just don't make me an uncle yet"
    so i was terrified of his reaction, but he's been the best of all, and i think he's helped mum change her view a bit!!!!
    Mum's are so good at telling when somethings wrong i think blurting it out is definately the only way to tell them!!!!
    Good luck!!!

xxx

13. hels

hels Well-Known Member

Hi there...
    Im Hels, i got my results from drs this morning, and iam most definately PG!!! Unsure of date, but according to HCG levels which were 65,000 (!!!!!!!!!!!) it makes us about 6-8 wks?? OR TWINS!!! :D
    This must mean i conceved a few days after my misscarriage in april. any way at docs this afternoon as i had some light bleeding after sex, very nervous, but feel positive! Im hoping they will scan me so we can defo find out how far on I am.
    Did you tell your parents??? I havent yet, due to them being upset after the miscarriage. all friends know tho, couldnt help ourselves!! LOL!!
    well please keep intouch as to how you are all getting on.
    look forward to hearing from you.
    Hels xx

14. Guest

Big congratulations hels!!!! that's a lot of hormone! LOL

Hoping for the best for you babe - brown spottingis usually nothing to worry about (in my experience anyway!) Good luck with then scan xx

15. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Member

Petchy-I know excately how you feel. I was scared to death about telling my parents and his parents. I'm also 24 just like you, and we are not married yet. My last period was May 8, so I'm about 5 weeks. I took a ept test on Thursday. Then we told my parents Friday night, and they were happy about it. Then we told his parents Saturday, and they were very happy about it, they just want us to hurry up and get married. We were both very nervous, not knowing how they would take our news, but they made it so easy for us. Telling the parents went so well. We just blurted it out. Let us know how your parents took your news??