Itchy/numb tum???

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by nicki, Jan 12, 2006.

1. nicki

nicki Well-Known Member

Hey girls,

I know we've got postings on here about our tummy's being itchy but has anyones bump gone a bit numb?

On the very top ridge of my bump (just under my right boob!) it's really itchy, always in the same spot but I try & scratch it the skin feels dead almost, if I pinch the skin I can feel it (just), its really werid & the other night it spread up into my boob & down my belly a bit, its gone back to just that spot now.

Not sure if its just the baby pressing on nerves but its getting annoying now. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nicki.x :D

2. Lindsay

Lindsay Well-Known Member

Hi Nicki

Sorry I haven't experienced a numb tummy but I am really itchy, but mainly on my back underneath my bra strap and always the exactly the same place :?

Xxx

3. Amanda & Bump

Amanda & Bump Well-Known Member

Hi nikki how you doing hun, i've had itchy skin pretty much everywhere but my feet, luckily it's different areas each time.
    How you doing hun?
    xx

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

:D Hi Nicky,hope you are okay.

I haven't had my bump go numb, but these past couple of days,the very top of my right thigh has been going numb,then I get pins and needles and it seems to go.Are you still getting a numb tummy???

5. nicki

nicki Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Yep still got it. Its a strip about 3 to 4" long and about an inch wide. Its driving me mad. I did see some special cream for itchy tummy's the ohter day but it was well expensive so didn't get any!
    I'm seeing the midwife again at the end of the month so will ask her about it.

I expect its just baby sitting on nerves thats causing these things to happen, like your leg & my tum, its just so annoying!!

6. Amanda & Bump

Amanda & Bump Well-Known Member

I asked about itching at hosp and all they put it down to was dry itchy skin? Have you tried baby oil, it's helped me alot
    xx