Itchy bump

Olive

Reaction score
I've read all about itchy bumps and never really had one...until now. OMG I could scratch the lower part of my bump off! For those who've had this throughout :hug: respect! Lol. It's itchhhhh tastic!!!

X

I've got edema to the underside of my bump which is making it really sore and feels stretched. I've been slapping moisturiser on it and that helps. I'm betting it's stretched skin for you, get slapping some nice cooling cream on it.

It's the sides of my bump that gets me, feels so good to have a good scratch when I'm getting changed for bed lol

Someone told me that lansinoh nipple cream is good for an itchy bump. Sounds like an expensive cure to me but needs must I suppose.

When mine gets itchy, I put loads of body butter on. and not cover up the bump for a bit.

I've used body butters from bodyshop, boots and the poundshop.

hope that helps.

Mine's been itchy for a while, but I suspect it's got a lot to do with the tight maternity leggings I wear - the part of it covered by clothes is always a bit pinker and much itchier than the rest.

Watch out for stretchmarks!!!! My bump got really itchy to the point of me having to sit on my hands and then the marks appeared :'(

Thanks ladies. The bottom of my bump is covered in stretch marks. When I got up this morning, it almost looked a bit rashy over the top of them, where I'd been itching :roll: Anyone else had this? I put some canesten on it.

xx

Mine was like that but the rash when I looked was actually just more veiny rather than bumpy. Asked MW about it at 37 week appointment and she took some bloods but nothing came back from it and I've just put it down to skin stretching. I just put loads of double base cream on it :)

Thanks hunnie. Have mw fri so will ask her then if still there! X

Olive see my 39 week MW post. I thought it was nothing and it could still be nothing but after the day I've had I'd definitely get your MW to check!!

Thanks chicky, just saw your post. I called triage today as the rash is a bit inflammed and she told me just to be e45 on it :roll: I might try and get a doc appointment tomorrow just to check no cream needed. I've got mw on Friday so will definitely be getting her to look at it.

xx

its the top of my bump thats getting really itchy these days? I just thought its because we are sweating more?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back