Itchy boobs

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Shazza86, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Shazza86

Shazza86 Member

Hi all,

I have incredibly itchy areolas (around nipples), and my left one is very dry and flaky. I use bio oil and vaseline but nothing helps and sometimes they itch so bad in public its embarrassing!!

Does this happen to anyone else, and what can I do? I find that wearing my normal bra makes it worse (no bra helps but i can't do that in the day time!)

I'm 16 weeks if that helps...

Thank you xx

#1 Shazza86, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Ive had some itchy nips a few weeks ago but its calmed down. It was more right then a few weeks later it was the other. I had to literally itch going round and round the nipple very gently.

I just moisturized as your doing, hopefully it settles soon enough for you!

xxxx

3. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Please don't use vaseline on your nipples, the last thing you want near them is petroleum jelly.

Do you have any coconut oil? If not you should get some, organic extra virgin if possible x

#3 Phoenix85, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Oh god yes!! Calmed down a bit now but I was having to go to the loo just to scratch at one point!!

5. Lander

Lander Well-Known Member

Mine still do it on and off, they've also grown a couple of tiny skin tags as well which surprised me (shouldn't have, Mum has lots on her neck and arms much as I'm now getting :roll: )

6. Prettypee

Prettypee Well-Known Member

It's often linked to the way skin reacts to being stretched, - if they are itching start using creams/bio oil a couple times a day, it helps. The bump gets itchy further along too. My skin is quite dry which gets worse when I'm pregnant and it makes my legs itch like crazy too!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk