itchy ankles

umbongo

Reaction score
Why?! I've had it on and off for weeks and even got tested for OC as I itched one til it bled one night it was so bad.
Now with this heat it's driving me mad!! Anyone else had this? I guess it's just a pregnancy and heat thing!

xx

I had it last time, I would scratch myself raw but not had it this time yet, my trick is the little guys paddling pool!
Xxx

Yes! Been there. My ankles, feet and toes are horrendous. I also had the test for OC which I assume to be negative as nobody has said otherwise!! This heat is horrible, because the hotter it is, the more they swell and also sweat (gross) so they itch more. I've spent quite a few hours with the desk fan fixed on my feet to keep them cool. My GP's advice was to continue wearing my flip flops (good job as they're the only footwear that fits!) and to not wash my feet too much as soap can irritate them. Not really ideal when you're wearing flip flops all the time because your feet get filthy!!!! Can't wait for the swelling and itching to go!

I don't know if ur itchyness is everywhere or not but if just ankles n feet try out a paddle pool of cold tap water I just invested in one today 2.99 from Argos and my ankles which had swollen today after just ten mins had reduced significantly bet it would helpitchyness too x

Last edited:
Used the baby bath with cold water. It was lush!!!

Hehe I've had this, its been driving me to distraction.

Turns out, its bloody fleas from the cats! Yuck yuck yuck.

Tonight ill be taking a piriton or I just won't sleep, and hydrocortisone cream is safe to use too.

If you can get hold of menthol in aqueous cream, that stuff is fabulous for stopping itching

Xx

Yes it's driving me crazy, I was blaming the dogs but they + the whole house have been treated + I'm still having the same problem. To be honest I'm quite glad it's a pregnancy symptom as the thought of fleas was making me gag x

Hoping it's not fleas!!! Not seen any or seen cats itching much. Will keep an eye out. X

Hehe I doubt it is Umbongo, I wasn't implying it would be :p piriton is a god send at mo. I am covered in bites, all over ankles bump & back :-(

Xx

haha fleas! fingers crossed.... I read someone on here has them and remembered I need to get the dog done!!

But I've also had really itchy legs this week, I've put it down tot he heat though x

haha fleas! fingers crossed.... I read someone on here has them and remembered I need to get the dog done!!

But I've also had really itchy legs this week, I've put it down tot he heat though x

It was probably me lol, I like to moan a lot over various threads :p

Seriously though menthol in aqueous really works for non specific itching like crazy!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back