Itching - Please respond if you can x

Juzza

Reaction score
Hiya chicks,

After seeing my MW earlier today i informed that a couple of days i had itchy feet and hands to which she was a bit alarmed but assured me that if it had gone away it was ok.

Now i don't know if it was nerves or what but tonight the itching returned and started spreading to my arms and legs - i was looking into various causes and HELLP syndrome and obstetric cholestasis came up.

Well as soon as i looked into these i was horrified and coupled with the headaches, fatigue and ocassional vomiting (which i haven't had at all throughout pg) i was obviously distraught.

Hubby is away, parents are on hol and where we live is a bit isoalted. After 2 hrs of crying and absutely convinced that little one had stopped moving i called MW and they're sending someone round to take blood etc tomorrow.

Am i being over the top? Has anyone else experienced this?
Please help girlies - after such a wicked pg i'm now starting to panic.

Juz xxx

Hi hun I havnt experienced this but please try and stay calm until you get checked out tomorrow. Im sure if the mw was very concerned she would have got you in to see someone tonight.
Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanx for the reply love, i'm just waiting for MW to come now - feel like i'm being so dramatic but then i think well i'd rather get every little thing checked than just assume everything is ok especially as this is my first LO.

I'll let you know how it goes xxx

yea im exactly the same its my first too and ive been scrutenizing every little thing....its only normal i think!
take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,

I'm so sorry that you are so worried I understand totally where you are coming from.

Just wanted to offer a few comforting words ( hopefully ) first of all try not to panic to much I know how much you must be worrying, I actually had Obstectric choleostasis with my previous 2 pregnancies (started at 36 weeks) I will most likely get it again this time.

What the midwifes will do is take blood to test your liver functions and bile acids, you should get the results back within a couple of days maybe even sooner as you are due soon, if they come back to show that you do have OC then you will most likely be called into the hospital to be induced (this is what happened with me with my first as they didn't know until I was 40weeks). If known about sooner they normally treat it with medication and monitering and then inducing at about 37/38 weeks

please try not to panic as once it is diagnosed it is treated promptly and the baby is delivered with no adverse effects.

I visit a website call www.itchymoms.com its american website but all the information is the same they also have a forum for mums with OC and you find that most of them deliver very healthy babies, please remember problems caused by OC are very rare.

I have 2 very healthy lively boys so I'm sure everything will be fine for you.

good luck if you need anymore help just ask, hope this has helped.

xSuzx

Thanku so much suz it is really comforting to hear from u.

I've now gotta go into the MLU to have a full check which has reassured me a bit as always feel a bit 'casual' when my mw visits at home and i forget to mention things.

I think i was just so terrified when i read about stillbirth etc you know what its like you get to 12 wks then 24 and then once ur past 36 you think ur home free.

I just wish i'd mentioned it to mw last week when it started then i'd be less anxious now.

I'll let u know how i get on - got appt at half 1.

Thanx again - hope ur positively blooming at the mo.

Juz xxx

hope all goes well for you juzza hun xxxx

Just got back from hospital. Itching doesn't seem to be a major factor at the mo as my liver function came back normal in bloods but i'm still waiting for acid bile results tomorrow which will determine if it is OC.

A trace showed that LO is very well although his heartrate seemed very fast to me (but what do i know!!).

However now i've gotta go back for BP and a trace on Sat due to high BP and protein in urine - i can't believe the trouble this little monkey is causing!

Thanx for all your responses girlies xxx

juzza,

sounds like you and i have similar symptoms!! - i too have been itching like i have fleas for oooh, the best part of 6 weeks i think now - not just on my bump, but my arms, legs and back - drives me crackers! - got tested for the OC thing, but all tests came back normal - or at least acceptable!

have also had to have bp profile done and had to provide a 24 hours urine sample (sooo glamerous!!) and they were all borderline acceptable too, seems like our babies dont want us to enjoy the final few weeks of bumpdom with out a fuss!!

hope all goes well for you from now on! take care

shamu

Hey Shamu!

My tests have come back 'normal' too which is so annoying as i'm still itching and generally feeling like shite!

MW is still coming out every day which is very comforting but i just want this little monkey out now. Hoping they might say the magic 'I' word soon especially as my BP was through the roof yesterday and the headaches are still terrible.

Hope ur feeling ok.

Lots of love Juz xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back