It all looks hopeless..........

jacquidube

Reaction score
Hi Girls, went for my scan this morning and I am only measuring 5 weeks. The baby is there and has no heartbeat because they said that baby is only 5 weeks and too small for a heartbeat.

I am 6 weeks and 6 days today.......they said i could of ovulated late because I was irregular....yer right. I do know when my last period was and they are trying to tell me I am wrong.

I have another scan next week and they said by then they should see a heartbeat. I am not hopeful......feeling optimistic because it may happen but from the experience I have had it doesnt look good.

I dont know what to feel right now....... I dont know whether to feel in a mood of...OK...Im miscarrying, or feel yes next week there could be a heartbeat.

Either way Ive got to wait another week.

As anybody else heard of this?
All my love Jacqui. x x x x

Hi Jacqui

they say we ovulate 14 days before our period. If your cycle was iregular you may have ovulated later than you thought.. I don't know much about it only what i've read. The good point is your bean was there... try to keep this in your mind.. I know it's going to be hard waiting a further week.. but try to relax, put your feet up! another way to try and work it out... can you rememeber when you BD'ed with your ex? they say sperm can live for upto 3 days so you should take this into account too!

x

Hi Jacqui,

This is identical to Davinias situation isn't it.

It must be such a difficult time for you but do your best to stay optimistic. Take things easy in the meantime.

What day is your scan next week?

it is possible to ovulate later than you think, alot of people TTC make the mistake of thinking you can only catch pregnant in those few days, thats not true, i caught pregnant right at teh end of my cycle, just before my peroid was about to start, whihc put my dates further back than i first thought.

try not to worry to much, i have had 2 misscarriages myself so i know you must be worried and me saying not to is easier said than done, but if you are only 5 weeks then the no heart beat things is right, fingers crossed everything will be ok at your scan next week
xx

Hi Jacqui,

I know its a nightmare waiting but as Hayley said.. your bean is there and this means there is hope.. try not to think the worst although those of us who have been through the trauma of m/c know we always think the worst.. cannot help it I suppose.

Try to look after yourself, it is important that you give bean every chance and therefore relax, immerse yourself in some good books / movies and try to keep your mind off it all.

If you have not had any spotting or cramping you know there is still hope.. your dates could be wrong... it would explain why you have not been feeling the usual symptoms yet... too early etc... don't give up hon..

we're hear for you if you want to chat xxxx

Oh Jacqui, you must be so worried hun. I want to send you lots of ((((HUGS))))))

Although, what Layla has said is 100% correct. You may have just ovulated later on this cycle. Can you remember what day you BD with your ex? As you only did it the once, you should be able to work it out from here. Oh, and Hayley, if you read some information, the sperm can actually live for up to 5 days..... So Jacqui, you may be nearer to 5 weeks than 6.....

Try to keep your spirits up, and if you need to let off any steam, you know where we are.

xxxxx

Thankyou so much for your replies girls.

My LMP was the 18th November. I BD on day 12 of that cycle which took me to the 30th Nov, I bled on the 12th of December which was implantation and on the 15th I took a test and that was the day AF was meant to turn up, on day 27.

It says on a pregnancy calculator that pregnancy conception occurred on the 2nd December and that I will be 12 weeks on the 10th February.
I should be 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant..................... I was 1 day out.

I took my test on the 15th Dec which then showed a strong second blue line. I could of concieved on the 30th or the 1st Dec give or take a few days only. The scan shows that I am 1 week and 5 days out, it just all seems so unlikely.
My scan is for next wednesday............................ I actually feel great bodywise, I feel quite healthy.
Will let you know if anything happens before next Friday.

hi jacqui we are all here for you hun try not to lose hope the scans are not that accurate till between 10/12 weeks and even my dates from then make it impossible for me they are not always correct hun big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jacqui

If you BD'ed on 30th Nov - you could have conceived up to 5th Dec - maybe you ovulated around 4th and the sperm was there waiting... i think that would make you around 5 weeks counting from sperm meeting egg.... (i hope i haven't confussed you - i may have confussed myself) the best bet is to put those legs up, get a few good DVD's, loads of comfort food and sit it out till your next scan...

x

Hiya,
Just wanted to let you know that i had a scan at 5 and a half weeks as i was very irregular and had no idea exactly how pregnant i was. There was no heartbeat and i was a little concerned. I was assured by the doctor that it was too early to detect one and not too worry, i will keep everything crossed for you but i honestly think you wont need me too as i am sure it will be fine xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jacqui,

I had exactly the same as this! I thought I was about 6 weeks and had a few pains so my doc sent me to the early pregnancy unit at the local hospital.

Was really worried and when I got there they didn't seem to help much but they did a scan and said they could see a gest sac but nothing in it. I felt absolutely devastated and thought there was no way the pregnancy was going to continue. They did the usual, told me not to worry and that maybe it was too early but going by my dates I definitely should have been at least 6 weeks. They said it wouldn't show til you were about 5/6 weeks and that they were guessing I was about 3/4 weeks

Anyway, I went back 13 days after for another scan and it showed tha sac, and a little one but this time with a tiny heartbeat. They said I was 7+5! So why it didn't show only 13 days before we do not know but it may be that it happened later than I thought and then grew quick!

Try hard not to worry too much or you'll make yourself ill. Thats what I did and I had an awful two weeks. I know your circumstances are difficult but as I said before we are all here for you.

Good Luck sweetie and thinking of you.

Tan xx

Thanks girls.

Thanks Hayley thats quite interesting, because I had implantation bleeding on day 24 of my cycle which took me to the 12th Dec. I also found out that implantation can take anything from 4 to 10 days to implant, which again can take me back if it did take a while to implant.

Its all very confusing. So glad to hear also that it has happened to a few of the girls.
Thankyou Tan for your input, it all allows me to be calm and to just wait.

I am still getting quite alot of cm like I did early on as well.

I have also read that a test will not detect HCG in the blood untill implantation has taken place and I did a test on the 17th.................... ah well will just have to wait and see.

Take care everyone.
Hope to see you back on here soon Davinia.

Jacqui Im not much of an expert on ovulating at all, but I do know that the heartbeat thing is correct. I had early bleeding and spotting for a few weeks and at my first scan which would of been about 5/6 weeks there was the sac but they couldnt see anything in it, Nor could they detect a heartbeat but this is because everything is so minute there is no machine powerful enough to pick up a heartbeat at such an early stage.

Im sure next week they will get to see and tell you more (thats what happened to me) But I also know its a complete nightmare having to wait so I totally sympathise with you.

If I were you I would take everyones advice and take a week off work and sit with your feet up and do no running around for anyone - let everyone look after you - I know they say it doesnt make much difference but I had to do it and mine turned out ok in the end (or as far as I know).

We are all here to support you - keep us posted

L x

Hi Jacqui,
Any news?
S

I think Jacqui has her scan on tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

Hi Jacqui

I just wanted to say that I hope all goes well tomorrow and that you have some good news.

Thinking of you

Helen

x

Of course - I keep thinking today is wednesay - but its not its Tuesday DUH!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back