Issues with sexual sensitivity

concerneddad

Reaction score
Hello one and all. I have a rather odd question. My fiancee recently had her third child, her first with me. It was not easy, she is 40+ with chronic high blood pressure that's genetic. She was on the same meds since 21, but they switched her to Labetalol during just this pregnancy. She was very mildly pre-eclampsic, and right after birth, her blood pressure shot up to 190/110 at its highest. After a week in the hospital, it was finally under control, but she left on four meds, Norvac, a water pill, hydralazine and a sizable dosage of Labetalol.

Once she left the hospital, we started looking long term care on her blood pressure. We have been all over the internet and knew that her pressure could naturally come down. And it did. One morning, she took her labetalol, and her pressure dropped fairly low, enough that she felt physically ill. We got her to her doctor, who took her off the norvasc and water pill. So, since the doctor wanted to stay with the other two, we looked further into them. We found out that the Labetalol can have sexual side effects, and that caused her a lot of concern.

I tried to find out what kind of sexual side effects it caused, but the info is mostly male-centric, talking about erection issues. I figured the best way to find out what was the issue was to just test how she felt. So I watched the kids while she left to attend to herself. And when she came back, she announced that she was "broken". She said that it felt distant, that she could sense the stimulation, but it feels like when you take pain meds or are under the influence of alcohol.

She's shy to talk to her doctor, and worried about having to change medications yet again. It was a scary time in the hospital, and she does not really want to mess with other drugs if these work. She thought it could be an issue either with hormones or physical issues postpartum. So I refocus my search there.

I found out there are nerves that can impair sensation in the pelvic floor, but before I went back to her with this and stressed her even more, I wanted to find out if anyone has experienced anything like this. Most posts, stories and articles all just mention generic sexual issues. None I've hit on so far has had anything specific. And while I'm fine working with whatever situation we find ourselves in sexually, hearing my fiancee say she was broken made me really want to find this answer for her. I want her to feel fabulous and amazing as she's always been.

I know a man asking these questions may seem callous, but trust me, I'm not doing this for my sake. If we could never have sex again, or if she lost total interest, she's still the most amazing woman I've ever known, and I'm with her as long as she'll have me. I just know her, and she's shy to seek help in this area. I don't want her suffering if we can fix this for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back