Issues with my partner and his sisters

Eesh

Reaction score
I’m new here. I’m 21 years old and I’ve had my first little baby and he means the world to me. During my entire pregnancy my parents sisters and mother have been causing issues and stress on me. I’ve been with my partenr for a year when we found out we were pregnant. It wasn’t a planned baby but we were happy. His mother straight away said is this what we want and when we said yes she pulled me into her rooom and kept asking me to reconsider my options with the baby. I let it be and ignored this until we told his family. My family were over the moon but his only the males in his family were the sister Le were upset and weren’t happy. There were issues with his sisters thinking that I take advantage of his mother and abusing them. All I asked them all sas to just respect and support our decisions for the baby. A week over due my partner decides to not be ready to be a father and tells me he doesn’t want this he needs time and space after being there with me every step of the way. I made the decision to tell him to go and leave as I didn’t want my son to have a part time dad. I explained to him I want us to be a family together but if this isn’t what he wants it’s ok he can find what he wants in life. I tried to help him and support Him and tell him it’s ok to be scared but he told me I’m pressuring him. He ended up leaving me in a pile of tears and collected his furniture from our unit and I was so upset I ended up being taken away in a hopsital car. He didn’t look at me at all it was like I was nothing like trash.

The baby wasn’t born and he came to see him after and I thought he changed . During the hopsital week he kept saying he didn’t know what he wanted until his family came to see us at the hospital. I was respectful and polite and help then told me he wants our family. Now our son is being baptise soon and his younger sister made a very hurtful comment to him which I saw. The day he left she messaged him saying “hey mum said you left (me). I think you’ve made the right decision! You can finally get your life back on track. And we will all support you!” I saw this and got so upset. She has a step son who’s own mother a bonded him and here she is saying that her own brother made the right decision to leave his over due pregnant girlfriend. When he explained the whole story to his sister she said “oh you should’ve stayed” I told my partner that I don’t want her at all after she made that comment. I don’t think it’s appropriate and abosuleroride. Why would you say that to your own brother saying it’s ok to leave your pregnant partenr??

Am I crazy or being stupid for not inviring her. I’ve decided that for argument sake just to leave it be and for the sake of my partner to just invite them all.

Last edited:
It depends. Does your partner want her there? Does she want to be a part of the baby’s life? Sounds like a pretty petty argument to me, I’d just let it go. She doesn’t like you, so she told her brother. Does it really matter? If she’s nasty to you then it’s a different story. But if she’s civil I wouldn’t uninvite her over one comment you weren’t even meant to see.

I’d be more worried about your partner bailing on you at the end of your pregnancy, when you need him most. IMO that is unforgivable.

I'm a bit confused, so the message you are talking about is from a year ago when he left you? So you feel resentful towards the sister for the message but you didn't mind your partner abandoning you during the most emotional and difficult time of your life?

No this happened a week ago. My boy was born on 1st July this year. No I still resent my partner and I can’t forgive him for it, I’m weary of him but he has told me that he wants to be apart of our lives so I’m seeing how he goes with it. I am more than capable of doing it on my own I just want to see if he truly does care and love us.
His sisters comment was recent too and I’ve explained to my partner after everything I’ve been through that this would be even more stressful for me and to gi e me time to adjust to his sisters an for me to feel comerabke but he thi is I’m being a bully.

It depends. Does your partner want her there? Does she want to be a part of the baby’s life? Sounds like a pretty petty argument to me, I’d just let it go. She doesn’t like you, so she told her
It depends. Does your partner want her there? Does she want to be a part of the baby’s life? Sounds like a pretty petty argument to me, I’d just let it go. She doesn’t like you, so she told her brother. Does it really matter? If she’s nasty to you then it’s a different story. But if she’s civil I wouldn’t uninvite her over one comment you weren’t even meant to see.

I’d be more worried about your partner bailing on you at the end of your pregnancy, when you need him most. IMO that is unforgivable.

I’ve told ny partner that his family I can’t change but I’ll be civil towards them. He’s happy about that. When I bring up that he left me before our baby was born he apologised but turns it around saying I told him to leave. I explain to him why I did and he just says well I want to change and be there for our family. IM very weary about him I know I am capable of doing it in my own I just want to see if he really wants this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back