Issac Andrew Davison 29.11.11

Lisa_85

Reaction score
It seems to have took me ages to get chance to write my birth story.

Sat 26th November i was with andrew while he was getting a new tattoo. I was 38+5. i started to get twinges and loads of what i believed to be braxton hicks this went on from 11.30am and carried on all day and through the night it wasnt painful but i suppose it was kind of crampy (i dont really know what cramp feels like.. ive been quite fortunate as i know some ladies can suffer greatly from it) I think this was really the start of my labour as the 'twinges' were all the way through twilight at the pics and carried on to wake me up through the night too.

I woke up on Sunday and they had dissappeared :( i was gutted and that was why i put it all down to braxton hicks.

About 4.30pm Sunday 27th November they came back but i was convinced it was just BH so i timed them and they were pretty regular at 8mins apart then 6mins but they were really managable so i thought it cant be the real thing until they started to get a little more intense i was at andrews that night and these 'pains' seemed stronger but got more irregular... i was so confused. i called the hospital at 2.30am as i was in a lot of pain. she told me not to bother coming in until i was 3-4mins apart and lasting at least 60 seconds.... Thanks for the support lady!

I went home and had a bath at 3am bounced on the ball but that just hurt me. At this early stage i was crying at some of the contractions so i knew it was real. I was slightly excited at the thought of issac arriving on my b'day 28.11.11.

after hours of agonising pain i eventually got to 4mins and called the delivery suite they said i could go in, i arrived at 4pm and was told i was 2cm and that i would be checked again at 6pm... 6pm eventually arrived and i was told i was still 2cm and to go home. i cried so much i couldnt believe i hadnt progressed after all that pain. So i went home in pain strange that all the way through this my contractions were irregular and only regulated for a short while. So i waited until they were at 3mins and lasting 90-120seconds. This was about midnight and i arrived back in hospital at about 1am Tuesday 29.11.11.

There had been a shift change and my new MW was called Kate.. i liked her instantly, she examined me and told me i was 3cm... again i cried only 1cm in 7hours! she said she will be back in 2hours so at 3am she came back and she told me i was 4cm :-D woohoo progress... i asked if i was staying and to my delight she said yes... she offered me pain relief to which i jumped at... all i wanted to do was sleep i had no energy and hadnt eaten since sat lunchtime.

I was given diamorphine which was amazing i couldnt sleep and could feel the pressure and some sort of pain but nothing to the degree it was, they checked Crumpets heartbeat every 15mins too. Kate came back at 6am and i was 5cm. however the diamorphine wore off and all i felt was drunk, hungover and was puking alot of green bile... eugh.

On the next shift change my MW was Claire... from my doctors :) i was soooo happy about this as she is really supportive. she offered me an epi and i jumped at it. Since the diamorphine had wore off i was using gas and air which was great but i had been put on a drip to speed my contractions up so i had them coming every other minute at the most intense they had ever felt and it was unbearable.. i didnt dare stop sucking on the gas and air.

i was given an epi at 8.30am and at 9.30am i told claire i had pressure in my bum but not that i wanted to push anything out. She examined me at 10.30am and i was fully dialated.... the best words id ever heard! they left me an hour so Crumpet would come down himself and at 11.30 i was told i would be pushing soon.

11.45am Claire told me when i was ready i was to try and take a deep breath and push doing this 3times for each contraction.

i dont think they realised how close he was because at 11.50am i said i was ready to push and she told me to go ahead whilst putting her gloves on after 1 big push his hair was visible and i was told it was very dark and quite thick, but to hold out cos she wasnt ready (still putting gloves on) 2nd contraction i pushed 3times and his head was out, i was told to wait for the 3rd congtraction but there was no need as his body was following anyway.

Issac Andrew Davison was born 11.53am weighing 7lb5oz and he was 21 and a quarter inches long. I had 4internal stitches and 1 external. He was placed on my chest and even as i type this i well up, he is perfect and i cant describe the feeling of love that i have for him.

He is quite demanding which is why ive not been on here much and i seemed to have missed alot but i wouldnt change him for the world.

I have attached a couple of pictures too.... Sorry for the essay (the one im writing out for my pregnancy diary is even longer lol)

The first 2 are less than two hours old and the 3rd is 3days old.

issac just a few hours.jpg384577_10150426290214267_503624266_8351653_990824542_n.jpg387623_10150430257229267_503624266_8361864_1880488702_n.jpg

xx

Last edited:
Congrats hun he's adorable xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

aww congrats!!! Issac and my boy have the same birthday! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members