Isofix question re Ford Kuga

HanSam

Reaction score
Hey - do any of you or anyone you know have a Kuga and plan to use the isofix for car seat??

We have just picked up ours and after asking the man to show us how to fit so we know when the time comes. He said that because the footwell has a storage compartment it is not ideal and should get a part to fill it in. But Ford have nothing of the sort - so if any ideas please let me know.

So frustrating!! Thanks ladies x

i dont have a ford kuga but i have a ford s-max which also has a storage compartment in the footwell and we were not told that. have ford offered any advice on it other than saying they do not have something to fill the footwell in?

It seems i am the first person to ask these questions which i know is not the case as i have been googling it all after noon lol.

I have sent an email so will see if get a definitive answer from that. But we have a foam filler type thing in ours which apparently wasn't always put in - so hoping that means all will be ok.

So do you have a maxi cosi isofix with your s-max? x

Just asked hubby who is a mechanic he said it should only be a problem if it has an extendable piece on the base that goes to the floor, if it doesnt have that bit on the base then the compartment shouldnt make a difference to how it fits xxx

Last edited:
Ah thanks JoJo - it is one that has extender to the floor! :-( x

Your welcome, he just said tho if the floor/compartment strong enough for people to stand on to get in/out the car he cant see why it would be a problem with the isofix base

Sorry not anymore help, obviously if you dont think its safe they i wouldnt use it xxx

I'm glad you brought this up we are thinking of changing our car and have been looking at the kuga. Hyundai i35 and Kia sportage......the whole carseat thing is a total nightmare !!!! We currently have a Peugeot RCZ.......not the most practical family car although the boot is HUGE !

Last edited:
I have written an email to Ford as it seems as long as have this foam insert under the storage compartment then it should be ok.

Will let you know. Its a really odd problem as a Kuga is a family car and ideal!! nightmare! x

I'm glad you brought this up we are thinking of changing our car and have been looking at the kuga. Hyundai i35 and Kia sportage......the whole carseat thing is a total nightmare !!!! We currently have a Peugeot RCZ.......not the most practical family car although the boot is HUGE !

love those cars!!! :D

Thanks samsgirl we love it too

Last edited:
we have an iso fix 'fixing point' with the smax. we have bought a cybex car seat and and have bought the iso fix base which accompanies it.

Hi HanSam!,

i just wondered if you had any response form Ford or head anymore as we have experienced the same problem too. base arrived this week and we now learn of the possible issue with the storage compartments in the footwell.

we also have inserts in the footwell that came with the car (only just got it!) so am now unsure if the family fix base with leg is ok to use?

any input welcomed as this is all new to us!

celliot

Last edited:
I work for a major motor retailer so if you want to pm me your reg I will check on Monday for you with one of our ford dealers? :)

HELP!!! I am so confused as to whether it is safe to use a maxi cosi family base in the kuga or not! I keep getting passed from one person to another. So annoying as we bought it to be a family car only 8 months ago. Has anyone had any advice on what to do? Any help for a stressed out waddling 3rd trimester mum would be gratefully received!!!!

I used a maxi cosi car seat with no base, just fastened in with belt and my daughter was fine :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back