Isabella has made her appearance - with pictures now

Eveadel

Reaction score
On Wednesday evening at 10.05pm I woke to a massive pain in my stomach. I had been round to my mums for dinner earlier on and thought that I might of had abit of food poisoning!!! Well, I tried to go back to sleep but I keep getting these pains every 20 minutes. At 11.30 I phoned the hospital although I was convinced I had a tummy ache (food poisoning). When I phoned I explained I had a c section booked (for nerves/anxiety/panic attacks) for 27th July and they said to come in.

My mum came round and DH, mum and I went on our way with me having these pains probably now every 5-8 minutes. We arrived at the hospital 12 midnight and I said to the midwife 'Im so sorry but I think I have belly ache' as I was doubling over in pain. I was taken into a delivery room and examined and was very surprised to find out I was 7cm dilated. The midwife still asked if I wanted to have a c section but she advised they would have to push the babies head back up and then she would come out. So I decided to try for a vaginal delivery and had an epidural about at 8cm (2.30am), at 6am I was 10cm and then I started to push. The epidural was great, it was not what I expected it was brilliant. I still had feeling in my feet and could feel the contractions without pain getting ready for 2nd stage. After 58 mins of pushing Isabella arrived like a bullet and I had a little tear but did not need stiches.

She weighed 5lb 12oz and she is absolutely perfect.

I think labour is not as bad as what I thought at all, I think my hypnotherapy & reflexology really helped.

Im one very very proud, tired & happy mummy!!!

Sorry its so long but I just cannont believe how well it went.

aww huni!!!! huge congratulations! :hug: i still cant believe you have had her before me :lol:
glad your both doing well get plenty of rest now you deserve it! :hug:

Thanks girls.

I know Bubble I cant believe it either. The midwife I had was Amanda Cauchi (Mandy) she is a star, I really dont think it would of been as good if it hadnt been for her.

Well done you, you should be very proud of yourself!! Huge congratulations!

Eveadel said:
Thanks girls.

I know Bubble I cant believe it either. The midwife I had was Amanda Cauchi (Mandy) she is a star, I really dont think it would of been as good if it hadnt been for her.

i met her when i was up there the other week ;) im sure you would have done it with or without her you should have more confidence in yourself ;) You did really well and i am so so pleased for you :clap: :dance:

Oh my god Eveadel congratulations and well done! That sounds like an amazing birth! I do hope my LO doesn't come early though, I'm still scared and want a section!

Welcome Isabella!

Congratulations!!

What a birth story.

It's amazing isn't it, we spend so much time worrying about the birth but I found my experience wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had anticpated.

When the time comes you just get on with it.

You should be proud of yourself. :D

Fantastic story!! Well done you, what a star you were!!! You should feel very very proud!
Welcome to the world Isabella :hug:
Cant wait to see piccies
Hope you have managed a well deserved rest!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

OH MY GOD!! :shock:

I was SO not expecting this story!!

What a lovely surprise, well done you!! I know you were worried and I'd hoped you'd get a good experience. Well to baby Isabella xxxx :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

What a fantastic story, congratulations hun xxx

Congratulations hun on the safe arrival of little Isabella (I love that name)
I found your birth story really encouraging and reassuring as I am also very fearful of childbirth, am so glad it went so well for you hun.

oohh congratulations... sounds like a lovely birth. Well done. Looking forward to pictures. Lovely name - same as us... love issy for short too...
x

OMG, I can't believe you've had your little girl already! :shock:

What a fantastic birth story, and an inspiration to all of us who are scared to death of the thought of a vaginal delivery. You did amazing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back