Is ur oh prepared for the birth?

Hi ladies.. Hopping back over from Baby & Toddler to see hw you all are and if there's any birth announcments so thought I'd leave a comment..

All throughout my pregnancy my OH was like.. 'Well its you who's gotta do it, not me!' So he seemed to me pretty unsupporting. He'd still go and get pissed with his mates (Up until the weekend before.. He was out sat, ill on sunday and I had her Wednesday!) He also had drinks on Monday night after work and I ended up in hosp that night - Not in labour! For the SPD pain and they wanted to keep me in overnight and give me a diamorphine injection to allow me to get some sleep so I wasn't a complete zombie with no energy for that weekend when I was supposed to get induced! OH wasn't fussed and just let me go alone.. FUMING was an understatment. However he did come the next morning to make sure. Was ok..
Next think you know my waters broke! I hadn't even realised..
The physio asked me to step off the bed to test the zimmer frame (HA YES, a zimmer frame!) They were giving me. So I did and saw the look of confusion on his face looking at the bed. I looked over and it was just a pool of blood! God knows how I hadn't felt it. But that was it.. I was in panic mode, and he just took over and kept me calm!
I wasn't expecting blood, I was expecting a clearish fluid. I was in tears.

I had genuinely been prepared for the induction on the Sunday and all I kept saying was 'No it can't happen now I'm not ready!' I was hysterical lol.. I even sneakily rang my Mum in the toilet when I was meant to be putting a pad on. Cause I was so scared that OH would let me down the way he had over the past weeks. And my Mum being 'Super-Mum' said she was on her way and left work straight away. She was at the hosp within 10/15mins when really it should of took her about 30mins from where she worked lol. But in fairness.. I didn't even need my Mum..

We were rushed to delivery cause they weren't happy about the blood. Then over the next 24 hours things just flew.. And induction, pessary, hormone drip, and then suddenly I was told I needed an emergency section cause my HR & BP were dropping and babies HR was dropping too as I was contracting.

Throughout all of this, despite my doubts, worry & stress, my OH was perfect and calm. He listened to the doctors and MWs for me and re-explained things a little later when I had calmed sliughtly. He help my hand, he spoke to me to distract me and even was his normal self again winding me up and playing daft games.

I had to go into theatre by myself at first.. And there was 7/8 people in there all talking at me and asking stuff and I just culdnt take it in so I just sat and cried. It was such a relief to see my OH suddenly appear beside me ad hold my hand/stroke my hair. And just be there, being so amazingly supportive for me.

So in my opinion my OH didn't need to know anything because all he had to do was be there for me. He didn't need to do anything medical or understand what things meant.. Because he knew me, and what I needed. And I couldn't of asked for anything more from him.

Aslong as your OH is supportive throughout the labour/birth, I think yu'll be fine hun x

Awww Louise he came through when it counted!! That's lovely hun! Xxx

Well my OH decided to inform me last night that Baby Screen is going to have a big impact on my life over the next year - no s**t sherlock!!!!

What has been going on over the last few months has clearly not hit his radar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back