Is this too old fashioned?

HelenJ

Reaction score
I am thinking of naming our som Rowan as a first name, do you guys think this is an old fashioned name? My other son is called Lucius and my daughters name is Juniper.

I like the fact that rowan is also a tree/bush just like Juniper and I am really into nature names (without making it sound too hippy if you know what I mean).

Please do share your opinion. I would like a name that is not super common and that half of the boys have. I also like Linden (modern spelling of !yndon) but since my first boys name already starts with a L, not sure if this is right.

Love it!

We were going to call our bubba Rowan but oh's son is Ryan and it was a bit too close and oh kept getting them muddles! Lol!!

:love: Rowan

XX

I think it sounds more current than old fashioned
Lovely name x

I have a friend who called her baby Rowan 2 years ago. Old names are coming back round. I really like it :)

A girl who I went to school with called her little boy Rowan, I think it's a lovely name!

Thank you so much for the lovely replies ladies! I will now discuss with my husband since we both had to come up with some names ;) I will keep you posted xx

I love it!!

I couldn't use it as OH's surname begins with an R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I absolutely love it! I don't know anyone called it but that's why I like it and its not too unusual :) xx

My little boy is called Roman and I love his name and so many people comment on how they like his name. Rowan is very similiar andi love it too and the fact it has meaning to you is also really important. xx

I like your los names!! My ohs middle name is lawrence (apparently after a laurel tree) and his sisters middle name briony for a similar purpose....im all for it z

My cousins lil boy is called Rowan I think it's a lovely name xx

I think its lovely, Only come across it once and that was for a girl xx

Its lovely its on my short list for boys at the mo but trying to puersuade myself away as i have a son with a r name!! Trouble is i have a really similar other name also an r!! My top name is a t name and i already have a son with a t.

My daughters called briony , when i was at hosp after birth my mum told me it was a weed!

I really do love your daughters name juniper, so different

Last edited:
I like it, not old fashioned at all. I did know a girl at school called Rowan though so its unisex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back