Is this ok?

Keeponhoping

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've recently been through 2 losses, so I've decided to make a positive step forward and start up some fitness classes to get my body into some kind of shape, one class is body blast, which can be quite strenuous and last week my body was seriously aching as have not done such intense exercise for a while, but I'm trying to tone up in the hope that I will conceive again at some point! I've tried yoga and classes like that which are more calming to the body but I don't enjoy them, I find I benefit personally from a good work out mentally and physically

My question/s is we are trying to conceive again at the same time as doing these classes, is it ok to do such vigorous exercise and try to conceive at the same time seen as these exercise classes are not my usual routine? I've conceived pretty quickly with the 2 losses without these classes, it's just the holding onto them is the problem. Also I think I might be approaching ovulation, with all this leaping about I don't want to dislodge the egg or anything, that is probably a stupid thing to say but just trying to give myself the best possible chance this time! Hope that all makes sense! Thanks for any replies! X x

Hi, Keeponhoping! I had the same fears, but apparently until there's a placenta, physical stress is no issue at all. There's a chance that over-exercise reduces your fertility, but you have to be training hard for at least two hours a day and have very little body fat for that to be an issue as far as I understand.

One option is to avoid jumping - plenty of ladies in classes I do have dodgy knees, and sort of bob instead of doing anything that causes impact. Keep it up though - exercise is definitely important at this stage, just make sure you keep hydrated. You're going to be a fit, strong mama, and that's definitely a good thing :D

Thanks cool no more, I'm not sure why your reply has just made me burst into tears, I think because not many people normally reply to my posts and I appreciate your reply and given me hope that I'm doing something right! Sorry ignore the tears, it's been a tough year for me losing the 2 pregnancies i had, I will keep doing the fitness and just hope for the best! Thank you again, good luck to you with everything. X x

Aw no! Although I'm a huge fan of crying, so you go for it! I'm so sorry you've had such a bum year so far.

I've been going nine months with no hint of a line, and exercise is what's (just about) keeping me sane. At the very least, the longer it takes, the fitter I'll be, so that's something, right?! I'm a pro at keeping positive :D

That's the way I'm looking at it too, hoping the fitter I am, can only be a bonus! Body blast here we come! Hope you get your BFP soon! Wishing you lots of luck! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back