Is this normal?

MissGobby

Reaction score
well i had a M/C on Friday, i only found out i was pregnant last Monday so i think me and OH were still coming to terms with the fact we were having a baby - we were excited and really happy at the thought though.

Friday i felt like death warmed up, and kept on bursting into tears.

Saturday i did again in the morning but since Sat morning i have been feeling quite 'normal' - i feel like i should be feeling upset/crying etc etc and although i think i am, its not showing and im scared that im not!!!!

also, i bled really heavy on Friday, was a bit clotty too (TMI!) but since Friday its only been like very light and hardly anything on the tampon - is this normal for a M/C? i thought you bleed for a few days really heavy???

:|

hiya hun, first of all so sorry agin that your going through this :hug: :hug:
i like you didnt have a very long time to come to terms with everything about pregnancy (2 weeks for me).
I just felt totally numb. On the monday i started to bleed heavier and my the night i was having 'contractions' and passed the baby. I bled heavy ish, just like a normal heavy period but clotty, on thue tuesday. By the thursday i was hardly bleeding either.
I coped really well tbh, but now 6 months on im a wreck all the time and cant get the baby out of my head at all, knowing id now be 33 weeks and knowing everything about that baby kills me.
My next AF after the loss was still clotty and i went ot the doctors cos i was concerned but apparently its normal. And that went onto the next cycle too.
Dont be too hard on yourself about not showing any emotion...i kept it all bottled up to try and hide it from my parents and OH (who id only known a few days!!! ok nearly 2 weeks but together for 4 days). Cry when you feel yu need to and most importantly talk to people. Iv been told to go get coucilling but i darent go :(
Take it easy hun and PM me if you need me ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Is it okay to wear a tampon when your having a M/C? Or should you be wearing pads?

miss gobby
:hug: :hug: , give yourself time. I think your bleeding might depend on how pg you were. I asked about that at the hospital and they said it was just the lining coming away. Mines is starting to tail off a bit now.
I guess we just all need to be here for each other :hug: , its just a complete mess :(

sarah&lj
Your description of the mc completely matched mine. I was so taken aback by how like labour it was. I couldnt believe I was having contractions and afterwards the bleeding is just the same as the after pg lochia. I think you should go to the counselling, if you dont like it you dont have to go back. It might unlock some of the pain and let you grieve. But you dont have to do anything you dont want to. :hug:

skairdycat
I wouldnt wear a tampon, they tell you not to for the lochia and it seems just the same. I hate sanitary towels with a vengance but Im wearing them till the bleeding stops and I get a true period.

Luv Laura xx

miss gobby
:hug: :hug: , give yourself time. I think your bleeding might depend on how pg you were. I asked about that at the hospital and they said it was just the lining coming away. Mines is starting to tail off a bit now.
I guess we just all need to be here for each other :hug: , its just a complete mess :(

sarah&lj
Your description of the mc completely matched mine. I was so taken aback by how like labour it was. I couldnt believe I was having contractions and afterwards the bleeding is just the same as the after pg lochia. I think you should go to the counselling, if you dont like it you dont have to go back. It might unlock some of the pain and let you grieve. But you dont have to do anything you dont want to. :hug:

skairdycat
I wouldnt wear a tampon, they tell you not to for the lochia and it seems just the same. I hate sanitary towels with a vengance but Im wearing them till the bleeding stops and I get a true period.

Luv Laura xx

i know how u feel- i havent really cried or anything because i didnt know
i was pg so it hadnt sank in. you were obviously still getting used to it
and its a shock- it takes time to establish where ur head is at.
the other girls are right the bleeding can vary from person to person
i think it lasts between 4-10 days. thats what the nurse told me.
Also think Lauras right i wouldnt use tampons because u risk infection.
i hope your ok, we're all here for chats etc xxx :hug:

Im sorry for your loss hunny

i did bleed for about 2 days then nothing for a week then it started again.
but does differ for each other.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh hun im so sorry, my heart goes out to you.
I dont think there is right or wrong way to feel or be right now. The feelings that you have will seem to ebb and flow. Its ok to feel normal one minute and in the bits the next, its ok to pick up and carry or fall apart. Just follow your feelings and let yourself do what you need to do.

:hug: Take good care of yourself sweetie. :hug:

sorry i cant advise u but im sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back