Is this normal?

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I don't know if im weird I really want to be preggo but sometimes I worry, what if I feel nervous about it, will i be a good mum and stuff, is it really what I want??

It was so different when i got preggo the first time because we were'nt planning and now, well im really nervous!!

I'd say that is pretty normal, I'm just starting trying for my first and I'm very nervous too!

Just have to hope our instincts kick in when we hold our babies for the first time :hug:

Yep it's normal. I was terrified of motherhood when I was pregnant with Mel and so was my OH. I couldn't even imagine having a baby or what to do with him. I'd only ever held a baby once before I held Mel and that was when I was 10 years old and went to a neighbourhood christening! You learn very quickly though and you adapt and change. Most of it is instinctual and in a way the difficulty is in turning off all the voices in your head put there by friends and family, TV "experts" and the many books you end up reading in order to find "the answers" and learning to trust your own instincts. For everything else there's women on here going through it all at the same time whose help is incredible!

+++

Hiya.....I feel the same...I'm 33 years old and if (God willing) I have a wee one....I do worry that I'll be a good Mother etc but in my heart of hearts I know I will be...I'm just worried because I didn't have the best of upbringing myself.

Yep i am the same, i have never changed a babys bum, the only thing i have done is fed and burped my god children so i am very apprehensive but i think everyone is to be honest

:hug:

Im terrified now so i think it is normal to feel like that x

I think it's perfectly normal to feel like that.

I'm trying for number 1 and I get worried all the time about how I'm going to cope with a baby. I've got no patience with anything so I don't know how I'll cope with a screaming baby.

I just don't know what will happen but I'm hoping that it will all work out in well.

:hug: :hug:

i know exactly how ur feeling, i even had a bit of a wobble last night, my first i was petrified while trying and then it got better, but now i have started trying for the second, im crappin it!! i had big doubts last night, i feel better this am, but still a bit wobbly about it. i seem to worry more when im feeling a bit icky, but better when im feelin fine. think that might be down to sick phobia though. :D

Im so glad Im not the only one was getting very worried for a mo, i am dead excited but then i then i question myself...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back