is this normal?????

charlibear85

Reaction score
hiya again all,
i have woke up from a nap about an hour ago, and when i woke up i couldnt stand very well as my knees feel really weak and shakey!
i am burning up, i dont think i have ever felt this hot b4!
i have had a coldish shower and drinking ice water and eating ice lollies 2 keep me cool, im looking at my hands as i am writing and they are really shakey 2.
anybody have any idea what it is?

thanx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't know for sure but I get this when i need sugar (seriously). If blood sugar level drops you can get fainting symptoms i.e. the lightheadedness etc. Have something which is slow release of sugar like a banana. If it doesn't pass or you start to see flashing lights call your midwife straight away.
Sit down & put feet up now please! :)

Hi,

my Mum had hot flushes when she was in the last trimester exactly like she's having now due to the menopause- could it be that? (I think iit's caused by hormones changing...?)

+++

Hey rosebay i'm glad to read someone else has had these hot flushes... its so weird, sometimes it feels like the start of a panic attack, and its scary when im on the bus with the kids n just feel like i need to be off the bus n need space... am i going crazy or is this normal??
I mentioned it to the midwife but she didnt really say alot to it and just told me to drink plenty of fluid.
Charlibear i really feel for you i have real stiffness when i wake up or try to turn over in the night but no shaking like you described, the hotness i definately relate to as i said..
Well good luck hun hope your feeling alright now??

Hi charlibear.
I dont know if you were in the chat room at the time, but I had this happen, I suddenly felt like I was burning up and felt really weak sick and everything, my temperature was raised and I took paracetamol, assumed it was a bug I was coming down with. However I kept and eye on my temperature and by the time I went to bed that night it was back down to normal and I was fine again! No idea what was going on?!?!

hello ladies, i know what you all mean about feeling faint ! i have this at least once a week i thought it was diabetes at first because the systoms are very similar to a diabetic low. I had the test for diabetes and it came back fine but my iron levels were low and i now have to take iron tablets. Perhaps you should get your midwife to check all of your iron levels. I will start taking the tablets tomorrow so i will let you know if they are making me feel any better.
I found that i got very hot very weak needing to sit down and felt like i could pass out at any minute.

hope you all start to feel better

lucy and bump
29 weeks

had my iron tested on wednesday when i went for a growth scan and it was 11.7 and they said that is fine, so i dont know whats going on and still dont know what causes it,
i havent had it since though, just that one time

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back