Is this normal ?

sammi7

Reaction score
Tonight I've had alot of cramp and my tummy keeps going really hard for ages. I took some Paracetemol and it helped a little but can be quite uncomfortable when I move. I had it a few weeks ago but it didn't last as long. I don't know if I am over reacting as I worry about everything so any advice would be good xx

sounds like it could be braxton hicks, some ppl find them painful and other ppl dont even notice them. i think your only supposed to worry if they get stronger and become regular. if in doubt tho just call up the mw :)

Thanks girls! If it gets any worse I will phone mw I just didn't want to phone up if it wasn't serious. Is it normal to get so many bh's though? I thought you only got them 1 or 2 times a day xx

some ppl get loads of them, they can last for a while too i think, i havent had any that ive noticed so i cant really speak from experience, just what ive seen while here in tri 3

If you are getting bad cramping, which I also did at 31 weeks, they told me that BH shouldn't really hurt and I was checked over for early labour signs. Don't want to scare you but it was better for me to safe than sorry and get it checked. UTI's can lead to bad cramps too and they shouldn't be left!

I was gonna post a similar tread, I had this last nigth, very tight hard belly with cramps and very bad period type back pain, I had it a couple of times over the past few months but it just happens the once stays that way for about a hour then goes away, I was thinking BH would only last a few mins n come and go?? or can they last for a hour just the once?

It does only seem to happen me at night, have u had it during the day too?

I've only had it at night time, and usually fall asleep still having it then in the morning it has gone. The cramps aren't regular but they do come and go. I will speak to my mw about it xx

I get this a lot.

It's starting to worry me a bit. I'm going to mention it to the midwife next week when I see her. Or if it gets any worse I am going to ring the midwife line at the hospital for some advice.

yeah think il mention mine on tuesday too

Hopefully that few of us seem to have the same thing its normal though

Yeah I was thinking that hugsy, glad I'm not the only one xx

yeah safety in numbers, every little pain is scaring me these days as it is,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member