IS this just a weird thing I have?

beckyboo1

Reaction score
All this week the tops of my legs (inner thighs) have been really sore/hurting - the kinda ache you'd get from going to the gym and using one of those machines where you have to bring your legs together (sorry..crap explanation). Or from if yo'd just ridden a horse for the first time in ages!!

really achy and sore when i walk...obviously i haven't been to the gym or rode a horse so not entirely sure where its come from. All i know is its bloody annoying and sore everytime i get up from my desk and try and walk!!

Aarghh

I have started waking in the night with pains at the top of my legs! Sore!! xx

i keep forgetting when i stand up an walk at worjk and then it hits me!!! Been making some right funny noises this morning!

Sounds like the start of SPD to me hun :hug:

oh no Tor - is that how yours started? Haven't really done any reading about SPD....a while ago i had a bit of sciatica but that seems to have eased.

Are there any other symptoms to look out for? I just couldn't understand how i felt like this when i hadn't done anything xx

sounds like the start of SPD hun. Mines the same all the time now. I feel bruised on my pubic bone and all down the inside of my groin. Its not nice. xx

Yes Hun, that's how mine started :( oh and I had a bad back too.

Do you get it bad at night? It started disrupting my sleep at the beginning mainly. And getting out of bed in the morning was really painful. As is getting up when I've been sat down for a while.

It does feel like you've overdone it on an adductor training machine yes.

Def sounds like the start of SPD as mentioned by other ladies. That is what i get and as you say feels like been riding a horse for weeks lol. Pain can be excrutiating!! Silly things like keeping legs together when getting in and out of car and not squatting etc can help x

~Adductor training machine - thats the word i couldn'tthink of this morn. Have a bit of a ba back, but to be honest last few nights have slept rubbish but didn't know if thats cos i was worrying about pip not moving as much.

At midwife on Monday so will mention it then.

Has anyone had any tretment for their SPD and has it helped? TOr - think i remember you saying you were having physio? xx

I went to the physio once and she gave me a series of exercises to do.

The cat pose in yoga (google it and you should get some instructions), pelvic tilts, pelvic floor exercises, clenching bumcheeks whilst sat at desk, pretending you are trying to zip up a really tight pair of jeans. All of these things are intended to provide stability to the pelvis and minimise pain. You should brace yourself when standing up/getting out of bed etc.

Oh, and try not let the arch in your back get too severe, this causes instability too.

The physio gave me a tubi grip to wear under my clothes to lift up my bump and help with the back arch thing, it does help but I was getting loads of braxton hicks after wearing it too much so I don't wear it unless I am desperate these days.

Try to avoid the stairs and keep your legs symmetrical whenever you can. I.e. no slouching on the sofa with your legs up by your side.

Maintain a good posture when sitting (no slouching again on the sofa) and get a maternity pillow for bed. Don't do too much and if it hurts stop.

I wouldn't say it has gone for me, it's more manageable now but it can flare up if I stand up funny or do too much walking so I just take it really really easy.

i feel like ive been kicked repeatedly in the foof. pelvic dysfunction. im just putting up with it as ive only a few weeks to go now lol

Jees - I feel like I'm walking like John Wayne....this is not a good look I have to say!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back