Is this in my head?

Mackmummy

Reaction score
I'm back again trying for baby number 2! I tested peak for ovulation on Saturday and we did the deed Saturday and Sunday. I've had very odd sensations in my belly ever since and definitely more today. It literally feels like I can feel something either fighting (like sperm head butting an egg) or attaching itself, it's hard to describe! A bit like period cramps but also not the same and I'm not due on for two weeks. Surely you can't feel things this early on???!!! I'm very level headed and know not to get my hopes up but just can't think what it could be? Anyone else had this and been pregnant?

Last edited:
I had a bizzare sensation early on with my first pregnancy about 3dpo, it felt like being stabbed with a knitting needle several times from the inside, near where my ovaries were. It didn't hurt, just felt like pressure. I thought at the time how weird it was, but didn't have a clue I was pregnant at that time. It was only when I got my BFP a week later that I remembered it, and wondered if I had felt the fertilised egg popping out of the fallopian tube! Maybe because it was bigger than an unfertilised egg which I wouldn't usually feel! Sounds crackers but I've never felt that feeling before or since, it was very odd and distinctive! I've never felt any sperm fighting lol but our bodies are amazing, you just never know!

I've also felt the moment of implantation in all my pregnancies (except MC strangely), with funny pinching/stabbing pains very low down, like something attaching itself to the inside, they're very distinctive pains that i've felt around 7 - 8dpo in 3 pregnancies now, to the point where I knew I was likely to get a BFP even before testing. In my second pregnancy I thought I was still waiting to OV when I felt that pain (just come off the pill and hadn't had AF) so it wasn't my brain playing tricks knowing it was 7 dpo either lol.

So yes I definitely think it's possible to feel strange things in your body if you're in tune. But equally I think our brains do play funny tricks sometimes when we really want something a lot. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that it's a good sign lovely! Xx

Last edited:
I'm the same DPO as you!

Definite cramping and gas here!

Have you checked your cm/cervix?

My cm is watery/lotiony and my cervix is high and soft X

There are a couple of us in TWW??

In 'am I pregnant'

We are both the same DPO as you xx

I had cramps my entire 2WW, then at 8DPO had 3 or 4 very sharp stabbing pains which felt like nothing id felt before!

I did read somewhere that if an egg is fertilized your uterus starts to prepare for its arrival as such.. which can explain the cramps sometimes!

xx

I'm 4DPO and I'm having some twinges and tingly feelings down very low on my left side. Shooting feeling on left side and im so tired. Also, cm watery/lotion like and cervix is high, soft and closed.

Ekkk the excitement is killing me lol. Where are you girls testing???
Louise

I'm testing on sat/sun

Doing OPK's til then and they are being weird

I felt sick and dizzy from as early as 3/4 dpo. Also had thrush like symptoms which I did have with first pregnancy also. Cramps were light but noticable from 7 or so dpo. All I have been now is so bloated. fX for all you lovely ladies. Come on over to the November testing thread if you guys aren't already over there. Lots of women waiting to test/testing this month :) love this forum for all the support.

hi!
ive never been pregnant but i cant shake the idea that i am now. my last period was very very light and 10 days before my next one is due i had dark brown/ black bleeding that was very light.
ive had thrush-like symptoms, mood swings, back ache, headaches and some fluttery feelings around my lower abdomen....
im too scared to take a test.... help?

liz- 26yrs

hard to tell if it will be happy... my partner has a child already but wants to be settled before we try...
ive always wanted to be a parent but its a scary idea. if i am it may take a little getting used to but i think i'd be very excited once i am used to it.

just a bit scared if i am pregnant that my partner may leave me....

Right, had no symptoms now at all, felt a bit queasy yesterday but that could have been in my head. No weird feeling in my belly though. Is that how it was for you guys that had a positive pregnancy test? 5 days until I test!

My symptoms (cramping etc) have been less and less tbh.

I think around OV and implantation is where the main symptoms come from this early on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back