Is this being tight?

Chrissi

Reaction score
I bought a light weight coat today in morrisons for our little ladies arrival in April. I got it in 3-6 months as it wasn't a huge amount bigger than the 0-3 one. I just gathered I could roll the sleeves under for the first month or so. We've bought so many clothes for our little one, and I didn't want to get a snow suit as the weather should hopefully be warmer by then. Has anyone else bought things like this bigger, so they last longer? I also figured I could layer up underneath if it is cold.

Xx

bought a little duffle coat for our little man due in April in the same size as that too. will definitely be rolling sleeves and all sorts I imagine! be good to last them a little while longer, that makes sense :) Xx

I thought so, personally. It's an awkward time of year, cause the weather Is so unpredictable at that time of year, then it could rain all summer and be rancid too! Xx

sounds like good sense to me :) every time there's a sale on I keep looking at clothes for LO for whatever age she is when it'd be in season again! so for winter sale clothes which will be coming in soon I'll be looking at sizes around 1yr as by the time it's winter again she'll be that size. I'm not one for paying full price for things, especially when they're going to be grown out of so quickly

Not tight at all. I bought a pram suit for my Lo born at the beginning of May size 0-3 and I think she wore it twice, she has however had a lot of use out of her 3-6 and 6-9 ones. I don't think my Lo ever wore a coat until she was nearer 5 months

Same here beanie, we've bought loads right up to nine months in sales at m&Co, morrisons and asda. Morrisons and asda are dead cheap sale bargains, but the sale price in m&Co is the most I would be willing to pay for children's clothing. Some shops are extortionate considering babies garments could be made from a scrap of material x

Yep, I'm due in July and have been thinking about coats, but first, I hope it's warm! Second, I don't know what size they will be as my first two were both induced at 37 weeks and the biggest one was 6lb 11oz so had to have tiny baby/newborn clothes (smaller than 0-3). This time I don't know whether I'll have it early or on time, and my 2nd was nearly a pound heavier than my first (at the same gestation), so I could easily have an 8lb baby this time, or bigger if I get to term.

I think I'll just stick to cardigans instead lol. I have a friend who knits so I'm thinking of seeing if she'll do me a cardi & matching bootees for if it's cold. Then I'll buy a jacket if I need to once it's born.

Always a lover of bargains but just be aware babies are unlikely to be in 0-3 at birth. My lb was 7lb 12oz and didnt get into 0-3 till around 5/6 weeks old and he is gaining weight well and on 98th centile, currently weighs around 15lbs at 10wks. We are still in 0-3 size though! So if ur baby is due in april its very likely she wont wear 3-6 till july time when prob a coat wont be that necessary x

Glad you said that. Sizes are driving me mad atm.

I've got 0-3 month clothes from various places and some look pretty small whilst others look huge and they are supposed to be the same size!
And finding cute outfits in newborn or tiny baby size is sooo hard.

I'm planning to wash everything around March (when we get a few nice days where I can hang things on the line to dry) then I'll sort by size, smallest things on top, bigger outfits underneath.
When it's born if it's small it'll just have to live in oversized vests and rompers for a while lol, and hopefully it'll be fairly warm so at home the baby can be naked other than a nappy and I'll put a blanket over us both if need be lol.

I know! I started washing and ironed the newborn bits. Just need to wash the 0-3 and then I'll probably do the bigger stuff once I've ran out of things to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back